Chapter 48: Play With Us

All afternoon Kaila had been glued to the couch in the living room watching cartoons. Lauren and Faye eventually made their way indoors, and with them finally napping upstairs peacefully, the couple were sitting on the opposite end of the couch resting.

Lain had thrown her arm over Nina's shoulder as the women enjoyed their time together.

Hearing a jumble of noise getting closer to them, they watched as Faye brought her toys from upstairs down the steps making a loud commotion as she dropped her plastic colorful blocks onto the floor. "Come play Kaila." She sat down patting the spot besides her as she looked up with pleading eyes at the girl on the couch.

Shaking her head Kaila refused to move.

"Why not?"

Blushing as she nervously shook her head again Kaila threw the Aladdin themed blanket over her head. She didn't want Faye to know what she was hiding.

Frowning Faye looked towards the women sadly.

Chuckling to herself Lain smiled as she kissed her wife's lips before stepping away. Sitting in Kaila's empty spot on the floor Lain crossed her legs. "I'll play with you honey." She offered.

"But I wanted Kaila to play." Her little girl whined pointing to the blanket mountain sitting still in front of her.

Playfully gasping Lain threw her hand over her heart. "And what's wrong with playing with me? Am I no fun?!"

Giggling Faye nodded. "You and mama's not fun." Turning to the other woman sitting alone on the couch, Nina looked at Faye with her mouth hung open.

"How dare you!" She scowled lunging out of her seat and over to her little girl. "I am fun!" Nina insisted.

But Faye was even more persistent with her choices. Shaking her head yet again she smiled. "Lauren's fun. And Kaila's fun." She admitted. "That's it. Nobody else."

"And what about all the times mama or I played with you before?" Lain asked.

Shrugging her shoulders Faye smiled as the two women only seemed more offended.

Giggling as she walked into the living room, Lauren had heard their entire conversation from upstairs as she walked down with even more toys. Placing them besides the pile Faye had brought down earlier, the girl sat in their small circle.

"And I suppose you feel the same way then?" Nina asked Lauren with a raised eyebrow.

Nodding proudly Lauren put her hands to her hips still giggling around the pacifier that was currently in her mouth.

"Who would've guessed that after all this time you thought of us as boring." Lain dragged on sniffling away her imaginary tears. "So much for our surprise this weekend. There's no point in it." Lain put her head down into her hands silently shaking her shoulders as her fake tears began to play out in her head.

"Surprise?" Lauren mumbled crawling into the woman's lap. "What surprise?" She asked grabbing Lain's wrists and pulling her hands out of the women's face.

"Oh it's nothing. You girls wouldn't have liked it anyways." Nina brushed it off as Faye scrambled to the woman's side tugging on her arm.

"No mama tell us!"

Locking eyes with one another, the couple smirked to the other before Nina sighed longingly. "Well if you must know, we were going to have mommy and baby dates, where we'd spend a day doing whatever you girls wanted with just the three of us. But since you don't like our company, we can't do that."

"No I want one!" Faye begged tugging even harder onto the woman's arm.

"Me too!" Lauren insisted.