Chapter 54: Reuniting Family

As Lain, Nina, and Faye were walking out of a fancy restaurant hand in hand the little girl between the couple couldn't hold still. She couldn't remember having so much fun doing nothing but painting and eating.

"So what'd you think of today honey?" Nina asked as they walked to their car in the parking lot.

"I loved it!"

"What was your favorite thing about today?" Lain asked as the women began swinging their arms forcing the little girl between them to bounce even more with glee.

As she scratched her eager head thinking about everything she did today, ultimately Faye smiled with her favorite memory. "When mommy spilled paint all over the place."

Nina and her shared a laugh all the while Lain was looking at them both annoyingly. "I wouldn't have knocked the container open if someone had just listened and cleaned up her mess." She scowled looking towards her wife.

"It's not my fault that you're as blind as a bat sometimes and didn't realize that a can was just helplessly sitting behind your arm."

"It wouldn't have been behind my arm had you just put it away like I asked you to."

"Faye, baby, do you hear mommy right now? Blaming me for it?!" Nina playfully wept as she tugged their little girl closer to her for emotional support.

Giggling as Lain tugged her back towards the center of them, Faye loved every moment of their lovable bickering.

"You are to blame for it!"

"How about we come to this conclusion..." Nina began as they finally reached the car. Pausing as they were getting packed in, Lain was in the back buckling Faye up while Nina got into the drivers seat.

Waiting for her wife to shut their little girls door, the mocha woman excitedly locked the doors from the inside with the keys before Lain had a chance to open her door. "...that I am never in the wrong." She finished her stamens before breaking into hysterics seeing her wife attempt to open the sealed door.

Staring intently through the window she looked with a raised eyebrow at her wife as her arms rested on her hip. Mouthing something the glass made her voice too muffled.

"What was that?" Nina teased as she barely rolled the window down. Leaving a crack the size of a fingertip open for sound to pass through, Lain's eyebrows furrowed as Faye kept watching with a big smile.

"I said let me in."

"Oh but last time I checked I was the one behind the spilling of the orange paint bucket this afternoon, and only people who have spilt paint are allowed in the car." She said subtly insulting the little girl sitting in the center of the backseat.

"Hey!" Faye eventually caught on after a few seconds. "Mommy made me spill mines."

Shushing Faye frantically Nina frowned as Lain laughed with the sound of victory in her hands. "Hear that? Faye just said it was my fault that she spilt her paint. Therefore I get to join the paint spillers club with you both, so unlock this door." She said tugging on the locked door again.

Grunting as she couldn't think of another comeback, Nina unlocked the doors allowing her prideful wife a chance to take her seat besides her.

"Thanks princess." Lain immediately turned back around in her seat looking at Faye.

"Anytime!" She exclaimed to the woman, meanwhile, Nina was shaking her head.

After smacking her wife's thigh Lain crossed her arms. Giggling even more when Nina turned to face her wife with a sore leg, Faye was silenced as Nina turned back to her with a playful death stare. "That was your fault." She whispered to her as she rubbed her leg.