Chapter 62: The Bargain

Marching up towards the run down building, Nina couldn't help but remember the last time she was here.

The good memory that she had as she walked out with Lauren for the first time played out in her head. She remembered seeing her little girl so nervous and afraid of her, it warmed her heart to know that the pain she suffered in that building would no longer able to affect her.

Nina could only image how much her wife would hate her for being back here. After all the struggles they had to endure to ensure they got the girls they wanted, Nina was lucky she even made it out of the house without questioning.

But while those memories of the past faded away, she came back to current day. Standing tall outside of the old facility with dead air all around her was unnerving. Not a single sound came from the building and being in the middle of nowhere didn't play in her favor.

Gathering up all her courage and reminding herself of her rage, the woman snuck up to a door. Checking to make sure the coast was clear she reached for the cold metal handle.

Taking a deep breathe she gave it a tug and out came the door without a single creek. Inside was terribly dark. The only source of light she could see was the light from outside shining in through the small crack in the door.

Gulping as she stepped in Nina turned her phone light on as she shut the door behind her, sealing her into the abandoned looking warehouse. Taking a better look at her surrounds Nina found out she was standing in what seemed to be a small house.

Upon entry she looked at half of the room seeing an old broken couch flushed on one side of the room and a tiny bed across from it with a small tv between them. On the other half had the smallest table she'd ever seen next to a fridge and old rusty stove. Assuming this was where the men lived, she explored the area looking for anything incriminating.

She snuck around the area looking high and low for absolutely anything, when she finally heard the faintest of sounds. Pausing in her tracks, Nina snuck closer to the source of the noise. Pressing her ear up against a wall, she could hear a combination of muffled screams and cries.

Putting her hand up against the wall she quietly gave it knock. It didn't sound like the walls were sturdy, however, it sounded as if her knock echoed back into the wall. Shining her phone light at the wall in questioning, Nina noticed scratch marks on the floor. Almost as if the wall was being moved in place.

Searching for anything she found a secret handle hidden within the fake woodwork that the room used to cover the rusty walls underneath.

Hiding the light on her phone she pulled on the handle nearly gasping aloud when the inner works of the building came into full view.

She ran out of the room quickly finding a place to hide herself before she looked down through a gated floor where girls stood.

All shackled together in a line following behind what looked to be the youngest of the two men. With her phone light off she aimed her camera down towards the line, snapping a picture as the brother led the line of girls with gags in their mouths.

She watched as he led them in one way and out the other.

Breathing out in relief, Nina walked along the grated flooring dangled above the bottom deck as she examined her surroundings.

The occasional muffled scream startled her as she snooped around the area.

Nina couldn't believe her own eyes when she stumbled upon a window peering down into a small dark room. Only relying on the silhouettes from the swinging light that hung above them all she covered her mouth to muffle her horror.