Chapter 37: Strange Suspicion

If it weren't for the constant shouting and laughter echoing throughout the entire house, the couple had a rather nice morning. The three girls were happily playing together in Faye's room while the women were downstairs tidying up.

While they were more than thrilled to see the girls playing casually with one another, they couldn't help but notice something was off.

Nina pointed it out to her wife that ever since Lauren woke up this morning, she seemed to be different. However, her wife didn't believe that to be true.

Nina couldn't stop thinking about how her morning started.

While Lain was downstairs with Kaila in the early morning, Faye had run upstairs shouting happily that breakfast was finally cooked all throughout the hallways.

Before she even made it into the couples bedroom, Nina was already sitting up as she stretched her arms out wide. Yawning she scratched the back of her neck as Faye skipped in. "Foods ready!" She smiled.

"Aw, thanks baby." Nina said in a raspy voice. "Did you make it this morning?"

She nodded proudly. "And mommy helped."

"Oh I see. Well thank you for letting me know." She playfully leaned towards her girl as she whispered, "think you can you go back down there and save me some of whatever's that is. It smells good from up here and I want it all!"

Giggling Faye shook her head. "You got to share mama." She laughed at the silly woman who looked hurt at the little girl.

"What?! But I'm hungry." She threw her arms over her growling stomach.

"We got to eat to." The small little girl rocking back and forth on her toes and heels explained.

"Fine I'll share." She sighed putting her head down.

Standing proud to have given her mama a lecture about sharing, Faye noticed that the sleeping girl besides Nina had yet to move. "Wake up Lauren!" She shouted making the little girl let out a loud groan.

"Faye, sweetheart, not so loud. It's too early." Nina said.

Covering her mouth Faye nodded. "Wake up Lauren." She shouted again for the girl in a soft whispered voice.

Chuckling to herself Nina looked to the little girl besides her before she looked back to Faye. "I've got her honey. Why don't you head back down so mommy can give you your food already?"

Putting her hand up to her chin, Faye shook her head. "Got to do something first." She took off in the direction of her bedroom.

Rolling her eyes as the girl disappeared Nina looked back down at Lauren. "Come on Laur, let's get you some food." She said softly as she attempted to grab the girl off the bed and into her arms.

But the second she even got the girl slightly off the bed, Lauren let out a large cry that startled Nina enough to set her back down gently. "What's wrong?" She questioned with full concern. She thought she had hurt her little girl.

"I can walk." She said simply behind her tired voice.

"Wouldn't you rather me carry you, honey?"

Lauren shook her head. "C-can I have a minute?" She asked.

Nina wasn't about to deny the girl of her request. But man. That stung her in the chest. Going from having her little baby besides her to now this, she didn't know what was wrong with Lauren. She hoped it was nothing severe and that she would be her sweet baby again in no time.

But she had to admit the girl put up a strong fight. All throughout breakfast and their small chatter, Lauren acted as though she were the happiest person ever. Smiling and laughing with every comment. But her body language wasn't always in alignment with her attitude.