Chapter 43: Car Troubles

"Hurry girls let's go! Mama's waiting in the car!" Lain shouted from their front door as Nina had already went out to get the car ready for them.

With her hands on her hips, Lain tapped her foot as she waited for her girls to grab their coats from upstairs and get down.

She checked the time on her phone seeing it had been five minutes since she told them to come down. Curious as to what was taking them so long she went upstairs. Seeing all three of the girls sitting in the hallway with their jackets in their laps Lain rolled her eyes.

"What are you girls doing just sitting up here. I told you to come down already. Mama's outside waiting for all of us." She bend down grabbing the little girl with blond hair whose arms were raised towards the woman.

"But we were talking." Faye frowned as she stood up with Lauren's hand in her own.

"Well you girls can talk in the car. Mama and I are trying to get you girls to the park before nap time." Lain said as she lead the girls down the stairs.

Back at the front door all of the girls shoes had been neatly laid out. "Faye get your shoes on and then go outside. Mama will help you in the car. I've got to help Laur and Kay."

Nodding the girl happily strapped her shoes on before bouncing off the ground. Throwing her coat on, the little girl proudly smiled as she got it on without any help. "Good job Faye." Lain praised before the girl ran out.

"Okay, which one of you wants to go first?" Lain asked as she sat Kaila besides Lauren on the ground.

"I do!" The girl without her pacifier said aloud as she raised her hand.

Smiling Lain grabbed Lauren's feet lightly tickling the bottom of it making her squirm. She wiggled in her seat as Lain finished putting her sparkling shoes and coat on. "Go out to mama." She kissed Lauren's head as she sent the girl out.

"Alright sweet pea. You're next." She smiled as Kaila was too busy playing with the ends of her hair to care.

Putting one shoe on after the other and ending with her coat, they were all finally ready to go. Grabbing their large bag full of supplies for the girls, Lain walked out with Kaila, locking the house door behind them.

Opening the backseat of the car Lain saw both Lauren and Faye already strapped into their seats. After putting Kaila into hers as well the woman got up front with her wife in no time.

"Do we have everyone?" Nina asked looking in through the rear view mirror adoring the sight of her three girls staring back at her.

After switching them all into booster seats, Nina was able to clearly see their faces.

Faye screamed first as she nodded her head with excitement. "Then let's go." She said starting the engine.

The special park that they were heading to was further away from their house than any normal one.

Driving to the opposite side of town, the woman and girls enjoyed a peaceful drive as playful children's music filled the background.

Periodically Lain checked into the backseat of the car, watching as Faye played games with both girls.

Something she caught onto was that every time it was Kaila's turn to play, Lain frowned as she watched the girl frustratedly kick her legs every time one of the other girls beat her.

Watching her checks puff out and her brows furrow it was hard not to feel pity for her.

Knowing they were getting close to the end of their ride, Lain turned around to ask the girls a very important question. "So what're you girls going to go on first?" She asked seeing as Kaila had lost yet another round of thumb wars to Faye and was nearing a breaking point as her face turned a light shade of pink.