Chapter 29: Time for Departure

Throughout the rest of the day Faye had been less rough with both Kaila and Lauren. Coming to terms with the fact that both girls weren't going to be as excited as she was, Faye relaxed as she allowed the girls to silently play with her toys in the same room.

As the day came to its end and Natalia finished cleaning the leftovers from the dinner she made for the house, it was finally time for her to say her goodbyes.

Standing in the doorway at the front of the house she was conversing with Nina and Lain while the girls were occupied upstairs.

"Thanks again mom for watching Faye while Lain and I handled the girls." Nina said as she came in close hugging her mother tightly.

"Don't mention it. You know I love getting to watch her." She chuckled.

Stepping back towards her wife, Natalia looked towards Lain. "What no hug from you?" She smirked as the woman laughed and walked into the woman's warm embrace.

"Are you sure you have what you need for all three of the girls?" Natalia asked.

"Yeah mom were good. The girls have plenty of things to keep them occupied." Lain assured.

"Are you going to be alright watching all three of them by yourselves?" She looked concerned between both women.

Laughing to herself Nina raised an eyebrow and put her arms on her waist. "We've been watching over Faye for the past two years perfectly fine mom. Adding two more is going to be a piece of cake."

"That's what I thought too before I had you and you're brothers." The older woman fired back.

"Hey!" Nina dropped her arms down to her sides. "It's not my fault Nickolas and Nelson came out practically as reckless clowns!"

"Nina you're brothers may be jokesters but that gives you no right to call them clowns."

"Would you prefer I call them the only twins in the world who don't know how to keep their mouths shut in public! Or ever for that matter! Or even the boys who enjoy pranking people just because they know they'll get away with it because of their looks."

"How about you're younger brothers who are just more carefree than you are." She suggested.

"Babe help me out here." Nina begged of her wife. "You know my brothers. Tell my mother here that the best and most accurate way I can describe them is by calling them clowns."

"I don't know what to tell you mom but I have to side with Nina on this one." The woman laughed as she nodded.

"What do you have against the twins?"

"First off every time we see Nicky, he's always pretending to have broken a new bone in his body. And Nelson is always trying to make a concoction from the left overs in my fridge and trying to get either N or I to drink it."

Shaking her head Natalia defended her boys. "There's no first off this and second off that." She mocked. "If you fall for Nickolas's bone pranks that's you're fault. We all know he's an awful actor. And Nelson is just curious. You should remember that time Nina, from when he was younger and got stuck in the elevator thinking if he pressed all the buttons at once he was going to travel to a different dimension."

Laughing to themselves Lain found the conversation they were having more than delightful. Being around Nina's family made her feel at ease with herself. She knew she could be one hundred percent herself without having any fear of judgement. Something her family wasn't the most keen on.

Trying her hardest not to think about that and ruin her happy mood, she heard her wife calling for the girls upstairs.

"Faye! Kaila! Lauren!" She shouted.