34

" 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆? "

" 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆? "

Pansy and I couldn't help it, we were non stop giggling in the back of Moody's class, I had said something funny and we just kept adding to it, to the point that right now neither of could breathe we were laughing so hard. 'shhh' I shushed her but still giggling uncontrollably. 'Miss Potter is something about the imperious curse funny to you' I pursed my lips trying so hard not to burst out laughing. 'Not at all sir I was just uh, its nothing' he nodded 'Well I guess its nothing for you to come to detention tonight' I groaned and leaned back in my chair not being bothered to arguing. 'Fuck sake!' Malfoy shouted 10 minutes later 'I'll see you there too Mr Malfoy' What was he trying to do?

'I don't want to go go to detention with him' I whined laying down on my bed my single strand of hair turning a dark blood red, as I wasn't that pissed I just didn't want to go. 'Well I think Moody would curse you if you didn't and I think you'd rather Malfoy than moody' Pansy deadpanned sitting beside me. I growled a low sound making my distaste of the situation clear. 'I'm ignoring him the whole time' Pansy screwed up my hair 'Maybe talk to him?' I stuck up my middle finger and walked to Moody's class.

I strolled slowly to the classroom not really wanting to be there, I pushed the door open cautiously, I looked to see Draco already sat at the front desk waiting for me. 'Miss Potter, I shall leave you two to tidy my class room, if you finish wait another hour and you can leave, goodbye' He walked out leaving Draco and I alone. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath and tried to start cleaning and ignore him, I was doing little things like putting books back. I picked up one of the study books and moved to put it the other side of the room when I froze when I felt a breath on my neck. 'We need to talk' His voice was low and it made me shiver a little. 'Not now' I tried, I attempted walking away but his hand gripped my arm 'now'.

He turned me so that I was facing him, we were both staring at each other and I couldn't look anywhere but his eyes no matter how I tried to avoid it. 'what the hell do you want?' He looked hurt from my words. 'I want to remember' I scrunched my nose in anger 'You do so you can stop that' He held me tight again so I couldn't budge. 'I don't remember anything after you leaving to get your dress and then to the morning after the yule ball' His voice was sincere and I almost believed him. I tried to think of a way to prove it and I thought to watch his expression carefully. 'Say it again' He just looked confused 'say what?' Holy shit. 'for fuck sake Malfoy tell me you don't remember again' He didn't hesitate this time he just told me 'I don't remember' Holy fuck, he really didn't.

I stroked his face with my thumb, 'You don't?' He shook his head and I felt a small smile tug at my lips a little, he didn't completely mean what he said. 'Help me remember accent?' I nodded quickly wanting to know just as he did, 'Stay here I'll be back with some serums we can mix' Draco nodded his smile wider than I had ever seen. 'Thank you' I nodded 'if you really weren't lying, this changes everything' He nodded 'I don't know what I said but you've never ignored me like that. I'm sorry for whatever I did' I tried to smile and nod as I slipped off to Snape's storage unit with his potions in it. I grabbed the Veritaserum and shoved it in my pocket running back to the defence against dark arts class. 

In 15 minutes we had the cauldron bubbling with potion water in it, I poured some Veritaserum in carefully and watched it sizzle. 'Are you sure?' I asked him and Draco nodded quickly. I held my wand to his forehead and pulled the space of his memory putting it in the cauldron. I poured it into two separate cups handing one to Draco, his hand slipped into mine and he squeezed tight whispering something. 'bottoms up' I cooed so quietly I don't think he heard. We both drank and my vision was becoming a bright white light making me wince but it wouldn't go away,not until I appeared In the Slytherin common room Draco still holding my hand. I glanced at Draco and sent a small smile his way, 'this is it, from the part you've forgotten, we just have to watch' He nodded staring intently forward, 'Look, there's you leaving' I followed his finger to me walking out and someone else walking in.

Anastasia, Astoria's bestie, walked out to Draco, 'Hey' She flirted making me squeeze his hand tighter, 'So I know you want to go to the yule ball with Astoria' the past Draco shook his head, 'Actually I was just going to ask y/n, we have a little thing I guess' I smirked at the thought of Malfoy thinking we had a thing. How did it go so downhill? 'Well I don't really like the idea of this but we have no choice, because you will love her' She paused 'Imperio' she waved her wand and I gasped, Draco pulled me tighter into his side. Holy shit she used an unforgivable curse. I shared a look with him and he was in just as much shock as me. It faded into when I came back from dress shopping and Malfoy confronted me about going with Astoria. But now I knew it wasn't really him.

It faded again and suddenly it was the night of the yule ball in the corridor just before I would appear. Astoria and Anastasia were in front of him just intently watching, 'We just need him to bin her off then he's all yours' Astoria nodded 'filthy girl' She muttered making my blood boil. 'Stand behind here quick' She pulled her aside behind one of the stone pillocks. My own voice made me flinch 'DRACO!' I was running from behind past Draco. I caught up with him 'I need to talk to you' I breathlessly said to him. I didn't want to reminisce this moment again. I turned into Draco's chest trying to avoid our shouting. He wrapped his arms around me holding me tight into his body. He was still listening but holding me at the same time. 

I felt my knees give way when I heard him say it 'I hate you' The current Malfoy was the only thing holding me up, I had been avoiding thinking of this since it had happened 'FUCK MALFOY SAY IT AGAIN LIKE YOU FUCKING MEAN IT' I sobbed into Draco's chest, wanting the pain in my voice to go away, I had no idea I had sounded quite like that, I was so emotional and I hated it but I truly did like him and he really had hurt me even as a best friend. 'I hate you' I looked up at Draco who had tears welling in his eyes. 'Oblivion' Anastasia's voice said from behind me and we were back in the class room, still holding onto each other like we were all we had. 'you believe me?'

[A/N] 🤠🤠🤠