16

The next few days were kinda average. You and Daniel would either call or text every day for who knows how long. You would cook every night for dinner and binge watch shows on Netflix every evening. Except you wouldn't be paying attention cause you would be texting Dan. Eventually it came around to your brithday.

"...Y/NNNN! Y/N Y/N Y/N! Get UP it is your BIRTHDAY!!!"

Yep your 25th birthday had finally arrived. If you stay healthy enough, youre a quarter to death.

"Ughhhh it's too early."

You looked at the clock for it to say 10am. Too early in your sense. Your phone then started to ring. It was Dan.

"Oooooh. Better not keep you waiting for your future husband."

Bf/n left the room and you reached for your phone and answered it.

"Hello child masher."

"So formal with me y/n. But...word has gotten around that it is your birthday. Otherwise I wouldn't have called this early. I didn't wake you up did I?"

"No. Bf/n took care of that right before you called by screaming at me."

"You need to be normal and wake up before 11am on your own."

"Thats what phone alarms are for. It was set for 10:59, thank you very much."

"Alright. I stand corrected. Anyways...let me in your apartment. I'm bored out here.

"You-what?..."

You hung up the phone and went to look in the peephole of your apartment door to see Daniel there with a small smile on his face. He also has a small f/c (favorite color) bag of something. You opened the door, matching his smile.

"IM the fan here, not you. Shouldn't I be the one to stalk you and show up at your house?"

"What if I've been your stalker for years though? What then?"

"Then props to you. Your better than me at my job."

You both chuckled and you let Daniel in and his eyes glanced to where he passed out drunk on the couch. He was practically analysing the room.

"This is the first sober time youve been here. Welcome i guess?"

"Its actually not too bad since your staying for a month."

People really needed to stop reminding you that. But you didnt wanna complain about it. Its a fanfiction. It works itself out 99% of the time.

"Anyways. Why on earth did you buy me something?"

"Because its your birthday and i care about you. You deserve it."

"Well...if thats what you wanna believe then go for it. What is it?"

He handed the bag to you and you cautiously took it out of his hands. You looked inside to find a necklace (how original for me to write) that had a little 4 leaf clover on it.

"When you go back, i figured you would wanna remember the time you had here so i found this in a store and decided to get it for you. Gotta love them sterotypes."

He chuckled at the end of his ramble and you took it off of the cardboard piece it was placed in and put it on. Then you both heard a loud crash from the kitchen.

"Sorry! Making...something."

"Are you making Brownies instead of cake?"

"How did you know?"

"Because i smell it, Sherlock."

"Oh...right."

You playfully rolled your eyes and Daniel had his eyes set on something next to your TV.

"I see that wii over there y/n."

"And what about it?"

"Im gonna play that wii with you y/n."

"Ok. What game. We have just dance, mario kart, super mario bros., wii sports, wii sports resort, mortal kombat, wii play. To many games really.

"Id fancy some mario kart right now."

You got two controllers out and made sure they had batteries while Dan turned the wii on and put the game in.

After the first round you played, (with dan winning of course) bf/n came in with a plate of brownies with what you assumed was 25 candles. They started to scream happy birthday while Dan was being more normal with it.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ToO y/N...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO..."

They paused and Dan looked confused. You waited for the impact of a huge voice crack. It was kinda like a tradition.

"..YoUuUUuUuuUUuU"

You sighed heavily.

"Thank you for making me closer to being deaf by age 35. And thank you dan for not screaming it to me."

You made some dumb pointless wish and blew out the candles. You then stuffed your face with a brownie.

"How come its brownies instead of cake. Im not complaining since this tastes really good but im curious."

"I tend to like brownies and donuts more than cake. I still really like cake though."

You all 3 ate brownies and talked about anything and everything. Bf/n then had to leave for a while.

"Yazmine said she wanted to hang out so ill see you later?"

"Umm...yeah! See ya.."

When she walked out the door, Daniel realized your facial expression wasnt the happiest.

"Whats wrong?"

"Its just...im fine with her hanging out with an old friend for a while, but its early on in the day so she wont come back till late. Plus its my birthday so i kinda feel betrayed or left out."

He sat closer to you on the couch and hugged you as you set your brownie down.

"Im sure she means well in the end. After all you both are best friends."

He then kissed you on the cheek and you couldnt help but smile and blush.

"Cute.."