18

I would like to say this chapter's quality was like 10x better the first time I wrote it but wattpad was stupid and deleted it without my permission. this has the exact same actions that happened the first time but for some reason it's only 1000 words instead of 1520 something like it was. Sorry in advanced if it seems rushed or like I was lazy with it. Cause that's true either way.

After multiple rounds of Sword Play on the wii (with you winning most times of course) you and Daniel decided it was time to eat something for lunch. You invited bf/n of course because the mattered too so you wanted to be a good friend. Save the dinner date for later on from now.

You got some shoes on and were about to get a jacket on till Dan threw one at you and it landed on your face. You paused as you were ingulfed by his smell, but this time without the hit of whiskey like the other night.

"So what kind of food do you wanna have for your birthday lunch?"

"I was thinking either fish and chips or some kinda burger place. Both works out perfectly though."

Dan was watching you as you put on his jacket that was a size too big for you. He also had a small smile on his face.

"There is a place that has both. It's kinda like a sports bar type of place that has a little bit of eerything. It's quite nice in my opinion."

"Ramble Tamble you always know the right places to go."

"Ramble Tamble...for fucks sake y/n let's go before I loose my mind here with you."

You giggled to yourself as you put your hands in the pockets of-apparently Ramble's-jacket. As weird as it could possibly sound to certain people, he smelled really nice in your eyes. In fact you planned that if you could get away with it then you would try to keep the jacket.

You both listened to Dan's directions on how to get there. Within 10 minutes you were there. When you walked in all you could smell was burgers and chips. But everyone was having a lot of laughs and fun at all of the tables. And some were cheering for different sports teams. Others were just having normal conversations with the people across from them. With it being lunch time, there was alot of people.

"Table for 3 I assume?"

bf/n started to giggle to themselves a little and you looked over at them with a weird expression.

"Haha...tree. Gotta love Irish accents."

You playfully hit them while mumbling for them to shutup through your teeth. The waiter then took you to a corner booth. You actually rather liked that since you were socially awkward and weren't too fond of people or crowded places anyways. You and Daniel sat on one side of the booth and bf/n sat in the other by themself.

"So what would you 3 like to drink today?"

You ordered a (favorite drink) while Daniel ordered a water and bf/n, a coca-cola. Before the waiter walked away, Daniel had whispered something to him and he nodded before walking away. Just when the silence became almost comfortable, bf/n made it slightly awkward.

"So are you guys a thing or no?"

You instantly grabbed the bottom of Dan's jacket you were wearing and started fidgeting with it. You also avoided eye contact with bf/n for a little bit. Luckily Dan was willing to answer the question for both of you.

"Well...right now we are just testing the waters I think I could possibly say. Kinda like just seeing how this would really go?"

He looked over to you for affirmation and you nodded in agreement while you hesitantly looked at him and made quick eye contact. You hadn't brought this up with him do you weren't the most calm or confident about it.

"..so we arent really considered a couple."

bf/n nodded with a certain look in their eye. Normally a look that said they were up to something.

"Welp, you two are boring as shit and I need to use the bathroom before the waiter brings out drinks out so I'll be back in a bit."

You nodded and sat there awkwardly with Daniel till your phone went off cause of a text from bf/n.

bf/n- Ask him to be your boyfrienddddd ;)

y/n- Shutup. I'm too awkward for that and you know it.

bf/n- whatever you say. forever regret your choice, you shall.

You look over to Daniel and take a deep breath in and out.

"Dan, what are we exactly?"

"Well that would depend, what do you wanna be?"

That was a dumb question. After you both almost kissed earlier today, it was pretty obvious to you what you wanted to be. But you are you and you're socially awkward with anyone, not just strangers. You felt the heat rising to your already red face.

"I mean...i think I wanna be a thing but it's up to you. If you're not up for it then I understand."

"Do you think or know that you wanna be a thing? Because if you're unsure right now then I want you to wait till you are sure about it."

"I...I know I wanna be a thing."

"Good.."

You felt his hand intertwine with yours but it remained in your lap. You then shyly looked over to him. His face was tinted pink.

"..cause I do too."

You couldn't stop a smile from forming on your face and you looked down to Dan's hand that were laced together with yours.

"So will you be my girlfriend, y/n?"

You silently nodded with a shy smile on your face. You were afraid to talk because you didn't want it to come out as just a weird squeak or voice crack. You then heard bf/n sigh heavily with relief from around the other empty booth.

"Its about time you guys get properly together!"

Just then the three drinks come out along with three chocolate cupcakes, one with a purple candle in it. Waiters were clapping and getting ready to sing Happy birthday to you. You wore a smile on your face the whole rest of the time at the reasturaunt.