17

The two of you were quite the pair. Bf/n often third wheeled when it was a matter of all 3 of you hanging out or him coming over. You also realized you had never been to his house before. But thats completely unrelated.

You both continued to play Mario Kart wii for a few hours. 8/10 times he won. But you glorified the moments that you won instead. After a while, you both decided to stop playing.

"So what do you wanna do now?"

Get a birthday kiss.

Calm down. We arent quite there yet in your relationship. That is unless its a fanfiction and- oh wait it IS.

"Well...you dont have to or anything but maybe.."

Your face looked almost troubled. You had alot of social anxiety at the moment. You could feel your heart pounding in your throat. (you know what im talking about)

"Actually, hold that thought. Theres one last thing i wanna give you for your birthday."

"Dannnnn i said no more gifts! How much did this one cost?"

"Its free on both ends. And you can have it again as many times as you want."

He looked at your lips for half a second before looking away. He scooted closer to you on the couch and you somehow kept direct eye contact with him. You could tell there was visible hope behind your eyes.

"Alright then. Go for it Rumbley Tumbley."

"I wont if you call me stuff like that anymore y/n."

"Aww. What a shame. Im not gonna stop."

You both were smiling messes at this point; waiting for the other to lean in first. Hes the one who said it was a 'gift' so he should do it really. At least thats what you thought.

"Well what shall i do to get you to shutup?"

"I think you know what."

"The author is such a bad writer for writing this scene, by the way"

"Yes...indeed they are but who cares."

You both started to lean in very slowly and you could feel your heart in your throat like before. you had your hands around his neck and his around your waist. It felt like 10 years before you finally-heard a knock at the door. We both instantly walked away from eachother as if nothing happened. Which in reality nothing did. You didnt get to actually kiss.

"Im backkkk. I invited Yazmine over too so yall could get to properly know eachother if thats okay?"

"Oh umm...yeah thats fine!"

Yazmine's eyes went to Daniel instantly who was looking at the TV with nothing on it to distract himself.

"Oh! Your name was Daniel, right?"

"Yeah. It's nice to see you again Yazmine."

"You too!"

In that moment it hit you like a ton of bricks that you weren't together officially. You had never asked what you both were. You were seeing each other but not boyfriend and girlfriend. It was something the two of you tried to assume but neither of you wanted to over step things. You desperately wanted to ask ow just so you could stop thinking about it.

"So y/n. Do you have a boyfriend? Or girlfriend, I don't judge."

"Oh I uhh...well, boyfriend is a stretch at the moment. It's more of I'm just seeing someone right now. Why do you ask?"

"Just curious. But what about you and Daniel? The works of you seem kinda close. Maybe even more than friends?"

"Well we aren't dating? I...actually don't really know if i think about it."

You knew he was listening and heard it. He didn't say anything. The Wii seemed really interesting to him all over again."

"Anyways, if you're gonna be living with bf/n and such, I wanna get to know you and be good friends with you. And if Daniel will always be with you than him too."

You nodded with a smile on your face and Daniel pulled out a Wii game.

"Wanna do that while playing Wii sports resort?"

Yazmine didn't seem up for it but you on the other hand were instantly down. You didn't see anything wrong with her till now.

"I have never played any Wii game before. They all seem stupid in my opinion."

You tried not to instantly blow up with questions on how she could ever say that. Luckily, Daniel spoke up first.

"Well I guess everyone has their own opinions. You up for it y/n?"

You nodded and took the controller you had earlier and got into a box that had the Wii stuff in it. You then grabbed 2 motion plus controllers. Since it was plugged into a new TV, you worried it would show you the 5 minute video on how to connect and disconnect the motion plus.

"Connecting the Wii motion plus..."

"NO! WHY?! IVE SEEN THIS BEFORE! A FIVE YEAR OLD WOULDNT NEED TO SEE THIS TO KNOW HOW!"

Daniel broke out into a fit of laughter. You sat there with a dead look on your face.

"Why are you laughing about it? You know the pain of it all!"

"Yes but the fact that this is your reaction is this outta anything is priceless."

Yazmine sat there silently yet with a confused expression on her face. Daniel eventually calmed down and you still sat there dead inside like a statue.

"In other news, I'm pretty sure my controller is dead so is there any new batteries I can put in here?"

"Yeah. I'll go get them real fast. It's 100% better than watching this out of anything."

You took Dans controller and went to go find some batteries for it. Yazmine had a smile on her face while she looked over at Dan. You thought nothing of it though.

You looked in multiple areas and places before finding 2 AA batteries. You opened to controller to take out the old batteries and put in the new ones. You then turned it on just to be sure it worked and it did.

"Okay! I found some so now we can sword fight for hours on end."

When you walked back in you saw Yazmine with a different kind of smile on her face than before and Daniel looked a little uncomfortable.

"Well y/n I would love to keep chatting but I promised a friend I would hang out with her this evening. See you later?"

"Yeah! Sounds good to me."

You shut the door behind her and looked back over to Daniel. He was looking down at the ground.

"I don't like her that much if im being honest y/n."

"Why is that. There's nothing too bad about her that I can tell."

"Its nothing. Now it's time you get your ass handed to you in Swordplay."

"Jokes on you Tumble Rumble game. I'm the MASTER of Swordplay in Wii sports resort!"

What's your favorite food? I'm curious.

~Zoe/Author-Chan