𝑰𝑰

𝑪 𝑯 𝑨 𝑷 𝑻 𝑬 𝑹 𝑻 𝑾 𝑶

𝑪 𝑯 𝑨 𝑷 𝑻 𝑬 𝑹 𝑻 𝑾 𝑶

KIM TAEHYUNG WAS SAID TO BE A GENIUS, a man so talented with his art, so controversial yet thought-provoking that he rivaled even the greatest artists of the Renaissance Era of art.

Many would disagree. They say his art is lewd, disgusting, disgraceful. To so shamelessly display something meant to be kept private, to bring light to the sacred act of intimacy. Especially living in a relatively conservative country like Korea. He was highly scrutinized for his paintings of nude bodies, sexual intercourse, the raw human form as well as human nature without any censorship.

Taehyung saw himself simply as an artist, a painter. He learned long ago that you are never as great as those who praise you to be, but you are never as terrible as those who criticize you say. It is better to be neutral about yourself, your work as to not get a big head or to despise what you do.

But lately, Taehyung found that he hadn't been able to live up to his golden rule of neutrality. Every brushstroke, every actual stroke of his hips, he finds that it's all...redundant. It seemed to be a blur of bodies, paint, and one-night stands as inspiration for his art.

It was beginning to feel less like he was doing something he loved and more like he was completing a task, doing a job. Inspiration was fleeting and the desire to even walk into his studio was nowhere to be found.

Until he saw her, the beautiful woman who walked up to him with Jimin.

She was rather small, a nervous little thing who had come into the Red Room for a job interview wearing a silk blouse and high-waisted jeans that hugged her form just right. With plump lips, glossy in a deep shade of blood red and eyes so pretty and delicate, looking at his through long, dark lashes. Dirty blonde coils of her dyed Afro framed her face in the most beautiful way possible.

She looked like a princess.

Venus. Roman goddess of beauty. She didn't disappoint.

The moment he saw her, something came alive within him. Taehgung wanted to paint her and only her, to have her in every position possible. Inspiration seeped into him, like a dam within his mind had finally been broken through, flooding with thoughts of only her.

Never before has Taehyung been so thankful to have a photographic memory, to be able to close his eyes and see her sitting there beside him hours after he met her as if she were still there.

He knew that he had to have her as his muse. He's never necessarily had one specific muse before. It was more like he would sleep with someone and then paint their interactions (with their permission of course). But if anyone were to be the source of his inspiration, the reason he once again became impatient to get home and paint, then it ought to be her, Venus Bernard.