𝑰𝑰𝑰

𝑪 𝑯 𝑨 𝑷 𝑻 𝑬 𝑹  𝑻 𝑯 𝑹 𝑬 𝑬

"HAVE A NICE DAY." Venus offers a smile as warm as the macchiato she was handing off to the woman before her. She took it without so much as a word, eyes so trained on her phone screen that she barely bothered to even look at Venus before turning away to leave the cafe. It wasn't an unusual thing, most people who came through here were in a rush, especially at this time of the day.

The Mocha House was a fairly popular cafe located in the heart of Seoul. She had gotten a job at this cozy cafe about a year ago as a part-time job. At the time, they were severely understaffed so she was pretty much hired the moment she walked through the door.

It's been two days since she met Taehyung. All-day, he seems to haunt her, looking over her with the weight of his job offering to be his muse, like he was following her around everywhere she went and would only cease once he got his answer.

Venus considered it heavily. 60,000 won per hour was a lot of fucking money that could completely change her life. But in the same breath, she would be selling her body for him to profit off of. Millions of people would see her and that weight would be crushing.

"Kookie, can you make me a latte please?" Venus called over to her co-worker, Jungkook, the barista in charge of making all the drinks. He was propped up against the counter on his phone as there was currently no one to serve. Everyone was settled at their tables, softly chattering in the background of the peaceful scene.

The young man perked up, tucking his phone away into his back pocket. He had his long hair pulled back out of his face, tied into a half-up, half-down style. The apron tied around his waist accentuated the natural shape of his body. A wide smile tugged at his lips, infamously adorable and dimpled. "Of course, Noona."

Jungkook was a sweetheart. Being the youngest staff member, he referred to everyone strictly by their honorific if possible. He was especially scared of disrespecting Venus. She was obviously different from the rest of them but he didn't treat her as such. He tried his best and Venus appreciated it.

He placed the cup in front of her with a friendly smile. "Are you doing alright? You seem stressed." Venus was slightly quieter than usual. Jungkook wasn't the only one who noticed, Jin was the one who was initially worried about her and told Jungkook and Namjoon to keep an eye out for her.

It was just the four of them. Jungkook, the sweetheart. Namjoon, the overworked college student, Seokjin, the glue that holds them together. They're like a family and they look out for each other.

Venus forced a belying smile onto her lips only to make him feel better. She lifted her hand and gave a gentle pat to Jungkook's head. "I'm fine, Koo, just tired." She didn't want them to worry about her. "Can you man the counter for a little bit? I've gotta talk to Jin."

With a dutiful nod of his head, Jungkook took her place in front of the counter, allowing Venus to leave her station so she can go talk to Jin about the job offer plaguing her mind. She wasn't exactly sure which decision was the right one. The only person she could think to talk to was one of the wisest people she knew.