𝑿𝑿𝑿𝑽𝑰𝑰

𝑪 𝑯 𝑨 𝑷 𝑻 𝑬 𝑹   𝑻 𝑯 𝑰 𝑹 𝑻 𝒀-𝑺 𝑬 𝑽 𝑬 𝑵

"HEY JIN,"  Venus crept into the kitchen where Seokjin can always be found surrounded by the sweet smell of freshly baked pastries. He had just pulled some cookies out of the oven and was peeling them away from the pan they sat on. He glanced at her, smiling just as sweetly as he always does. "What can I do for you?"

Venus hated asking to take off early for work. It made her feel like a bad employee, but Taehyung needed her help which required her to take off an hour earlier than she usually did. "I need to leave a bit earlier than I usually do. Just an hour or so. I promise I'll make it back up." The worst part was that this was becoming a more frequent occurrence, at least once a week she would ask to leave a tad bit earlier.

And nearly every time, she would return with marks. Some on her neck, others on her wrists which she covered in makeup and bracelets, but his keen eyes managed to pick up on them when she was helping him bake. Jin didn't like sticking his nose in other people's business, but when it came to his metaphorical children, he couldn't help but be concerned. She was coming to work with bruises, tired, fatigued.

And this all started when she started seeing that random person she mysteriously met without mentioning him to anyone. No- ever since she got that new job.

All the worst thoughts ran through his mind. Was she okay? Was he hurting her? Does she need help?

"For what?" Jin asked her, placing a cookie onto a cooling rack. He watched as Venus played with her fingers. "Well- I...uh- a friend of mine really needs my help." That was the best she should come up with on the spot and it certainly isn't comforting to Jin. He stopped what he was doing altogether to focus all of his attention on her. His almond eyes grew weary with concern. "Are you okay?"

For a moment, Venus looked confused by his question. "Of course, why wouldn't I be?" It was rather convincing and for the time being, it was enough to keep him at bay.

Well...until Taehyung came strolling through the glass doors of the Mocha House.

It came unexpectedly. Venus was manning the front counter, helping Jungkook make a particularly large order of many drinks. She had just given over the three trays of a various assortment of drinks when she heard the little, delicate chime of the bell above the door. Immediately, she looked up, ready to greet the next customer with a warm smile.

But to her horror, it wasn't just some random patron she would see once and never see again. No, she knew that fluffy, raven-haired man rather overdressed simply coming to a cafe. Her smile dropped and panic washed over her as he made his way towards the front counter.

What was he doing here? What if someone figured out she was the one in the paintings? What if it got back to Jin? Would he fire her to save the reputation of his cafe? He was risking her a lot coming here.