𝑳𝑰𝑰

𝑪 𝑯 𝑨 𝑷 𝑻 𝑬 𝑹   𝑭 𝑰 𝑭 𝑻 𝒀   𝑻 𝑾 𝑶

𝑪 𝑯 𝑨 𝑷 𝑻 𝑬 𝑹 𝑭 𝑰 𝑭 𝑻 𝒀 𝑻 𝑾 𝑶

"YOU'RE DATING A FOREIGNER." Her mother acknowledged, eyes narrowing judgementally at Venus who so far has yet to say much more beyond a single word. Taehyung pulled Venus closer and nodded. "I am and I'm in love with her." He tells himself he doesn't have to prove anything to them, but now that they're here, standing in front of them, ready to tear their relationship to shreds, he feels as though his relationship is under constant attack by their glaring eyes and firm scowls.

Venus was lucky she knew what was being said. Even if she didn't, she knew she would have understood that they didn't like her. She had learned long ago you can't argue with a racist. They will always see you as lesser than no matter what you do. Usually, Venus just avoids them, but how is she meant to avoid her boyfriend's parents?

His father placed his hands over his face, sighing with disapproval. "You don't have to keep doing this, Taehyung. First your paintings and now this." "This" referring to Venus as if she isn't standing right in front of them and isn't a human being. "You don't have to keep up with this rebellious charade because you're mad about us trying to be good parents!"

The idea that they of all people were good parents was laughable. "Good parents? Good parents wouldn't think everything I'm doing is to get back at you. They would think I'm just trying to find what makes me happiest in life." Taehyung looked down at Venus, the love of his life. "She's what makes me happiest and if you were good parents as you claim to be you would accept her." After all, if they were good parents, what would he be "rebelling" for? For having a decent childhood where his parents supplied all the emotional needs of a child, gave him his privacy in life, and let him explore himself in a healthy, non-judgmental way?

"She's dark and overweight." It was a flat and blatant statement from his mother as if that was a reason for him not to be attracted to her. Both of them took great offense to this, brows furrowing in the same pissed way as if they had become one being as they yelled, "Excuse me?" "What is that supposed to mean?"

"Who's going to respect you with her on your arm? With children who look like her? You're ruining your life here, Taehyung, all for something temporary and meaningless."

"When the fuck have I ever cared about what people thought of me?" Like public judgment would deter him from doing what he wants. "So what? We can always just move somewhere else. I'm not going to let other people's opinions, especially yours, prevent me from doing what I want. I thought you learned that already." You'd think that not caring about what other people think of you would be a good trait a parent would want to see in their child. It allows them better pursuit of their happiness and freedom.

His mother came and took Taehyung by the arm, dragging him away to the foyer with a bitter glare towards Venus. "I need to speak to you privately." Taehyung let her drag him away, just to see what she would say without Venus there. What she's already said was... despicable to say the least, but Taehyung was willing to defend her until the bitter end.