17: Business

Why do they have guns? Why are they trying to kill us? What just happened?

Kyshelle thought to herself as she sat up to her bed, unable to sleep. She was out of her thoughts when she heard a knock.

"Come in." She said as the door opened revealing Chev.

"Hey Little potato, did I woke you up?" Chev asked as I shook my head 'no.'

"Kieran wants you in his office. Are you okay with it?" Chev said.

"Yes." I said while giving him a small smile as he placed a kiss on my head.

Chev walked me in his office before leaving. I knocked on his door and opened it when I heard 'come in'.

"Ky, I know you have a lot of questions from earlier and I'm here if you need a talk." Kieran gave me a small smile.

"What are you doing with a gun, and why are they trying to kill us?" I asked nervously because I didn't want him to get angry when someone asked him a question like this.

Are they doing something illegal?

"Before you think that we have illegal doings, no. Kyshelle we have big business all around the world which means we have business enemies. I'm so sorry you encountered that, our business enemies seemed to threaten us with you."

Me?

"Yes you Ky or any of us, who knows what could  happen. That's why we carry this everywhere." Kieran handed me a... locket looking thing.

"What's this?" I asked as I took it from his hands.

"Emergency locket. When you press the locket, it signals any of your us and it has GPS so we can easily find you if needed. Don't lose it, carry this with you everywhere." He said seriously.

"Kieran what are your businesses and what are these?" I asked curiously.

"Don't worry Ky, tomorrow we'll show you around. And to answer your second question, that's a peppermint spray and this button beside the locket it's a mini flashlight in case of any emergencies. Any more questions?" Kieran said as I shook my head.

"None, thank you for these. I'll head back to my room." I stood up smiling at him.

"Ky." He said in his deep and stern voice making me look at him confusingly. He stood up from his chair and walked my way.

"Goodnight." He put his arms around me and caressed my hair.

"Goodnight." I muttered in his chess as he placed a kiss on my cheek.

I walked back into my room and plopped down into my bed. Not long enough, I felt my eyes heavier and dozed off to sleep.

_____

"Wakey wakey, Little Potato." Chev said with a tone.

I groaned and pulled my comforter in my head.