35: Aisle

"So, Little Potato what do you want for your birthday?" He sat beside me

My birthday? I had no idea my birthday was approaching because I had been swamped with schoolwork for the past few months. I don't usually celebrate my birthdays-

"Potato? Potatooo" He dragged the word 'potato' as I snapped back into reality.

"I don't know Chevy, I don't want anything." I took a bite of the chocolate as I saw him frown a little.

"Why?" He asked as he tried to take a bite of my chocolate but I quickly shifted to the other side.

"Hey, just a little?" He pouted as I slowly walk towards him and slowly saw him smile warmly.

I handed it to him but before he could open his mouth I cheekily ran away as I heard his footsteps coming for me.

"No, I promise I will be good!" I managed to say as I run towards the kitchen.

"I'm coming." He said softly but more like a creepy tone.

"Yes! You can take the whole thing. Help!" I said as I was about to reach the staircase...

"Okay." His huge arms surprised me and by that I am in the air like a dying bird.

"No stop I'm gonna fall Chevy!" I closed my eyes as he slowly put me down.

"Thank you." And by that he kissed my cheeks and took a bite of my chocolate making me pout.

"Welcome, but you better buy me another one." He chuckled as he ruffled my hair.

Before he could talk the doorbell rang.

"We want to spend time with you too." A familiar old voice said.

"Grandpa!" I opened the door and hugged him quickly.

"Grandma!" I hugged her too.

"I brought your favorites." Grandma said as I looked at Chev and grinned.

"Grandma! Grandpa!" Kritton ran down the stairs.

We all went to the living room and talked for a while.

_____

"Baby, what do you want for your birthday?" Grandpa asked as I took ate a piece of chicken.

I looked at the others to see them staring at me already.

"I've got everything I need." I shrugged as I took another bite.

It all went silent and when I look back at them they were still looking at me expecting me to say something.

"I really don't need anything, promise." I smiled warmly as they slowly nodded and continued to eat.

_____

I changed into my brother's hoodie and put on some sweatpants I got into my fluffy slippers and walked out of my bedroom.

"What are you wearing?" I heard a voice coming from behind. I turned around to see Earos looking at me with the 'what the?' Look.