Chapter 2 : Momma

Savannah's POV

“Your mommy doesn't love you.” Again, Dean pushed me. He's a meanie. He teases me every day but I don't want to complain to Dad because I am a brave girl.

Getting up, I cleaned my dress and ran to the bench to wait for momma. She promised me that she will come, and we will go to an amusement park. I didn't tell Dad because he will not allow. So, I asked Victor to help me.

As I reached the bench, I saw momma. She looked worried. Am I being a bad girl????

I cleaned my dress again and stood like a good girl just like Cherish's mom said. I want to a good girl so that momma will come to us. I even promised to God that I will always be a good girl if momma come to us.

I will never ask for any more chocolate. I will only one candy a day. I will always complete my homework. I will brush daily. I want momma.

“Happy Birthday, sweetie.” She kissed my forehead and I saw her driver took out lots of gifts bags. “I brought you a lot of gifts.”

“Where we will keep this?” I asked her. “We are going to an amusement park.”

“Yes... Baby. I wanted to but I have to take your brother to hospital. He's alone and needs me.”

“Ok. We can go to the park after visiting the hospital.” I collected my bag and looked for Victor. He went to get a water bottle.

“Baby... It's not possible. I will take him back to home after that. He is ill.” She took out a rag doll and hand it to me. “I'll make it up to you. Promise.” She kissed my forehead and ran to her car and settle her another baby in her lap.

“She's busy.” Victor approached and dried my tears.

Oh! no...

I am a bad girl now.

“She will come around.” He took me to the bench and sat me down.

We ate ice cream, and he told me his childhood stories. He had a good family until his bad day. Specifically, he didn't mention it to me but I know it is as bad as Dad's bad day.

When we reached home, I looked for Dad, but he's not home.

I prepared a sandwich that Dad taught me. He promised that he would bring me a new and bigger kitchen set, it will behave like a good kid, but he looks sad from 2-3 days.

While watching a cartoon movie, I cried and ate alone. No one is with me. No momma. Even Dad is busy. I opened my gifts. It had all pretty dress and I wanted to try these dresses, shoes but to whom I can show????

I cleaned and did my homework and played music, tried to dance but since we live in a trailer, I don't have much space to move. So I gave up. I made drawing.

“Savannah???” A sweet voice called. I ran to the voice and saw a redhead lady sat on the floor giving me a welcoming smile and looked at my drawings.

Dad said that a redhead lady will love me or than momma. She is a redhead... Will she love me more than momma???

“Happy Birthday. Love.” She patted the place beside her.

I joined her and she caressed my head. Her hands are soft. I love the way she is looking at me. The same way Cherish's mom looks at her.

“Who are you?” I asked the faceless redhead.

“You tell me what I am to you....”

“Will you be my momma?” I am so happy. God will give me a new momma.

Yay...

“No. Love. No one will replace her. But I will love you like your momma. Dad told you this????”

“Yes... But I want a new momma.”

“Savannah...... Anna?????” Dad called.

“Welcome dad,” I said and got up realising that I was dreaming again about the faceless redhead lady.

He's wet and his eyes look sad. He must be feeling bad for miss my birthday. I am a bad girl now...

“I am sorry, baby. I was busy.” He said.

'It's ok. I made a sandwich. Will you eat?”

“I would love to.” He chuckled. “I'll change.”

I tried to decorate the sandwich and pull out the orange juice. He drinks a dirty smelling water, which is dirty dirty dirty. I think it is called alcohol.

“Baby, you were supposed to put mayonnaise.” He pulled sauces and prepared another sandwich for me.

“You should eat this good one.” I tried to hide my disappointment, but he's my Dad. He understood.

“I made this for you. I want to try my daughter's handmade food.”

We talked about my school and friends. He said we would soon move out of this trailer and have our own house where I will have my own room. He cleaned and I made bed, that we share, so that he can read the stories to me.

“Baby, Victor told me you wanted to meet momma...” He asked.

“Yes, but she was busy with her other baby.”

“Do you want to meet her?”

“No... I want you, Dad.” I hugged him and closed my eyes. It will look like I am sleeping.

“You can meet her.” He said. How he knows I am awake?? I snored to tell him that I am in deep sleep, but he laughed. “She does love you.” He caressed my cheeks. “One day, you will meet a woman who will love you like your own.”

“When?” I screamed with happiness.

“I thought you were sleeping.”

“I want to meet her.” I sat on his stomach.

“Let her get old enough.”

“What will I call her?”

“You decide. But I call her ginger.”

Ginger..........

Will you love me, Ginger????

I promise I'll be a good girl.

“Baby, will you hate me if one day you discover that I am a bad person????” He is sad.

“No...... You are my Dad.”

*********

“She's up.....” I heard someone.

I opened my eyes to realize that I am no more 10 years old. I am 17 years old.

Doctors around me are in rush. But my mind stopped. I know a redhead.

Redhead.....

Was dad talking about her?????

He knows her.....

Why I feel he doesn't love but obsessed with her???

"Where's she?" I asked.