Chapter 9 : Looks Like Mark

Beth's POV

It's been 5 days that Mark is not at home. Abigail offered me to stay with her but I refused. I wanted to confront Mark, so I came back to home. His home. Messy home.

I don't like Abigail. She tried to snatch my man. But that doesn't give me the right to humiliate her concern. I feel she cares for me more than Kate. I can sense our weird relationship, where we care for each other but hate the fact that one has Mark while the other wants Mark.

Wait!

My man.....

Yes, Mark is my husband and I will revenge for everything from him, with all the sweetness dissolve in it.

“How is the baby in your tummy, Mrs Rogers?” Hunter teased me, again. He has been teasing me since the day I arrived.

“Are you coming?” I asked him packing homemade my famous cookies.

“You should hate HER.” He got up and help me with the food basket.

“Why should I hate HER?” I walked to his jeep and sat on the passenger seat.

He did all the labour work, settled all my babies safely on backseat, food and ignited the engine.

“She's guilty of what happened to you.” He said. “Whatever happened to you was inhumane. Yet. You are still normal to Savannah....”

“She was drunk. She loves Sylvia. I can trust her with my Silver.” I looked at my babies. They all seemed busy. Sisters were talking while my son was frowning at his sisters. It is cute to watch them.

“But you don't trust her with Eli and Abioye,” Hunter said looking at us.

Ignoring him, I turned on the radio to hear the news of Andrew Schmidt. His death led to the collapse of his human trafficking empire. His other side was a world-famous restaurant owner. Well that's his legal business. The world was shocked. After his death, Mark filed a case against him for human trafficking. Even saved people.

His team is sensation now.

I scooped my scared son in my arms safely, who has been chanting for his Dada and marched into Savannah's room. My daughters followed us. Eli held Sylvia's hand as if she's precious to her. They have a strong bond and Hunter followed all of us at last with a food basket.

Reaching to our destination, I saw an old man sleeping on a bench in his expensive black suit. I noticed his face. That same features.

Recognising the person, I stopped. My father-in-law.

I held Abioye tight and my daughters looked at him. It was Eli, who poked his face.

“Everybody looks like Mark.” She whispered as if she's sharing a secret.

My father-in-law groaned and gave us a surprised look. Our presence made him nervous. He has been sleeping on this uncomfortable bench for I-don't-know how many hours.

“Who is this young lady?” He asked Eli.

“Who are you?” She fired back. “Stranger is a danger.” She tried to glare at him but failed.

“You said I look like Mark so how I am stranger.” He smiled at Eli.

Eli looked at me asking for permission. Well, I know him. My father-in-law, so I nodded.

“I am Eli. Do you know Abi also looks like Mark? Why does everybody look like him? But I look like mommy. Even we have the same name. I think we can rename Abi and you as Mark. You all look almost the same. Mark even said there's a baby in mommy's tummy. I am going to be a big sister again. Yay........I have silver, but she's not good with strangers. She doesn't even like kisses. She doesn't like if someone touches her cheeks. She bites. I have a dog, snow. He's cute. Even tinker is cute. As cute as snow. But tinker is brave and I will ask Mark to train Snow just like tinker. Tinker got ouchie. And mommy left us... Again.....” She beamed and recited everything like a poem.

“You talk a lot young lady.” He ruffled her hair and she pouted. “You said you are going to be a big sister again. Do you mind if I see your little siblings??”

“She's Sylvia, and he's Abioye......um…” I introduced my kids to him but what should I say about the last name.

“He's a Rogers. They both are Rogers. They look like Rogers.” He realized my dilemma, but kept looking at Sylvia who ran to hide behind Hunter. I can see a grandfather feeling proud of his grandchildren. He looks genuine, loving towards kids.

“You should join them sometimes.” I offered. Although I hate what his son did to me but I love my kids, and they should know their grandparents. It's their right to know their family. Their Heritage. I'll take them to my parents as well. Even Emily's.

“No need.” Mark challenged me. He inclined on the door frame with crossed arms over his chest, wearing the same clothes that he wore when I saw him last time. All black. So he's back.

“Where were you?” I asked my HUSBAND.

“Somewhere.” He shrugged off. Does this man have a problem with sharing his schedule???

“Fine.” I flashed my vicious smile and walked backwards to Hunter so that we can leave. He can spend as much of the time he wants with Abigail or whoever... “Let's go. Nobody needs us here.” I said to Hunter.

“Where the hell you are going?” Mark ran to us to block our way.

His proximity brought an expensive cologne. A smell that I envy. Makes me insecure. A smell that will always remind me that there is someone else who wants him too.

Abigail's perfume.

“Where were you?” I asked again. I try to control my emotion, but I am failing. My bitterness can be felt by everyone.

Abioye started struggling in my arms to reach to Mark but I managed to calm him down. My son has started trusting me recently, even if it's a little but I think I can manage with that.

“Last time... Mark..... where were you?” I asked again but instead of replying me, he took Abioye and ignored me. “Fine... You don't have to come home. You can spend as much as time you want with..... Abigail.”

He widened his eyes and then he realized. “She just hugged me.” He clarified.

“Or she rubbed herself on you.” I mocked Mark. “Don't worry about us.”

“You seriously done trust me.” He's hurt but it was what he earned. He did to this himself. “I am trying to...”

“He has nothing to do with...” My father-in-law interrupted but I didn't let him finish.

“How was Andrew's funeral?” My question was unexpected. But we all know what I meant.

Mark's face lost his colour and it seemed that he's about to cry. The realization hit him, and he widened his hazel eyes, trying to intimidate me but failed. Lastly, he pleaded. “I can explain.....”

“So that you can lie. I know... I saw the frame. Your secret.” I proclaimed.