Chapter 33: Speechless

Beth's POV

Last night, I travelled to the dungeon again where I was raped, humiliated, tortured. Everything was exactly like before. I was blindfolded, tied and even I screamed to stop. But it continued. I was afraid for my baby.

I want my baby to meet his father, his sisters, his brother.

Vincent did help me the next morning but when I saw his bloodied shirt, I couldn't stop my tears. Last night, he said he would handle Savannah.

What happened to Savannah?

Along with the number of grey hairs, he earned quite a good understanding as well, he knew I was afraid of his answer, about Savannah, and he assured me that she was alive. And I wonder, he is capable of understanding then where is his wisdom?

“This boy will be a perfect mixture of Schmidt, Rogers and Bell.” Vincent comment.

His all the assumptions have been true about my future, so I sat quietly and listen to him. Since I won't be able to see my child ever, at least I could imagine him.

“His love is toxic,” Vincent said again.

I wonder which love he is talking about. Due to absent of my words, I frowned.

“I am talking about August. He is nothing like Mark. I understand why you want Mark... That man respects you. Except for one event, he never hurt you.” Vincent checked my blood pressure and left.

He looked fresh when he was back with a tray of food in his hands. I wanted to ask him about Savannah. What did he do to her?

My wild imagination was killing me. I couldn't imagine my family without Savannah. Although we never had a stable relationship with each other but I always knew she's perfect sister to her siblings.

“August was never like this. He was quiet. I always saw him doing best among others... I never knew until he left that he was my son. I saw him getting jealous... From Mark. When Marcus saw Mark working for Rossi he immediately understood about Mark and Alice. Everything was well until Antonio messed up and you entered. August wanted you as well as Mark.” He explained while serving me the food.

Arguing with him about right and wrong was far away from my mind. After all this event, I am finally at the stage of concluding that sin gives you all the luxury but takes the peace from life. I am waiting for their destruction.

Everyone including Mark are an integral part of this cycle. They all wanted something. They all were ambitious and forget that there was a thin line between right and wrong. Marcus wanted to secure his claim, so he never bothers to look for his half-siblings, Vincent and Cora wanted revenge, so they manipulated others, Mark wanted his family, so he helped his half-brother in his crime and Antonio wanted to sexual satisfaction, so he never cared about the feeling of women. These were short-lived. Now, they all are restless with the burden of their self-guilt, Karma is playing with them.

I looked at the old tired man who has nothing to lose. I wanted to tell him everything going inside me but I couldn't. I lost the process of making a statement to describe the feeling through words. Even his eyes wanted to speak about his journey, but he knew what he did was wrong. He doesn't like this life, but he knows nothing other than this. So even, if he considers leaving this life what would he do. Staying here is giving him a reason to live, I guess.

I ate while thinking about my life. It changed dramatically. Once I was the daughter of a detective and a middle school English teacher and now, Mafia Princes are fighting for me. It is an amusing topic to discuss, since I have nothing but red hairs and blue eyes. I am short height with 5.1 feet and I have only 7 fingers. I will always need the assistance of someone throughout my life.

Even in the beginning, changing Sylvia's diaper for me was equivalent to fighting a world war. Although, now I can do that but I will never be able to feel normal again, especially with my only 7 fingers. I am a handicap and I need to put extra effort to live a normal life.

Vincent spent the day with me, even tried to make me speak but my vocal cord was tired. Tired of screaming and crying. It didn't take long for me to conclude that August is a Sadist. He looked extremely happy when I cried with pain.

At the end of the day, Vincent allowed me to bake. Taking the opportunity, I baked Savannah's favourite cookies and packed them. My gesture was enough for Vincent to decode my emotion. He knew I wanted to give this to Savannah by myself, but he didn't leave the place and order the maids to do this simple task of cookies delivery.

“I want her in my bedroom,” August said while eating cookies. I wished if I had been aware that he would eat otherwise I could have made them worse.

“No... She's showing the signs of depression. I will not take any chances with the child.” Vincent said.

“I don't need your permission to touch her.”

“But you need her permission to touch her.” Vincent snapped. “You can have her. But I need the child.”

“That is simply a bastard.”

“Listen, boy, you know nothing what we went through. Call it revenge or obsession but I will take the child to train him...... and he will kill either Marcus or Mark.”

“I don't want to be fucking part of your stupid plan. It wastes my time.” August tossed the spoons to various places. “I am leaving tomorrow morning with her. Keep the spoiled Princess... Kill her, rape her... I don't care.”

“She's your niece.” I pleaded. But it was unheard.

“I want the boy. Then......shh....” Vincent whispered. “We need to leave. Someone is targeting us.”

“I am leaving with her.....”

“Can't you see the laser over your chest?” Vincent barked.

That's when we all noticed a red laser over August chest. Someone was targeting him.

Snipers.

Mark is here.

Bomb......