Chapter 35: Their Safe Heaven

Dedicated to Dapull01

Beth's POV

When I woke up, I heard whisperings. This indistinguishable words were echoing in the room. Looking around the luxurious room, I remember my room as Mrs Rogers. Although, I never got a chance to decorate it in my way but I love my husband's room. It has his scent all over the scattered.

How could August afford all this luxury?

“Do you need anything?” I heard a girly voice inside the room.

I followed the source of the voice and found a girl, almost a woman arranging clothes in walk-in closet.

She again asked me.

I shook my head and walked back to bed. I held my baby bump and looked at nothing.

“You need fresh air...” She said. “I am Eli.”

Eli?

Her name is Eli.

I observed the features of the girl standing in front of me. Although her name is Eli, but she looks nothing like Eli. Her black hair, sweet smile makes her look innocent, yet she is helping these sick man.

“I am appointed to take care of you. Please... Co-operate otherwise I would be in trouble.”

Without any words, I agreed and with my baby steps, I walked outside the door.

“You can anywhere you want,” Eli said.

“Can I run away?” I mumbled.

“Of course...” She chuckled. “With your pregnant belly, you can run anywhere you want, but they will catch you.”

I decided to ignore her demoralizing words and followed her. I tried to memorize the mansion so that I can run away, because I doubt if Mark would find us. I need to reach my husband.

“Are you his wife?” She asked.

Wife?

“Whose wife?” I frowned.

“The handsome one.” She blushed. This innocent girl called August, a 'handsome one', that he looks but, in reality, he is a monster. He hurt me. His looks are deceiving.

“No, I am his SISTER IN LAW,” I said, emphasizing every word. So that she knows about my relationship with him. “He kidnapped me.”

“I was 7 when my mother sold me to save my brother.” She explained.

“How old are you?”

“I am 17...... Initially, I was trained for prostitution, but then they kept me. I am a part-time maid.”

“Did they forced you?”

“No, the price of virgins are higher... But I hate oral sex.” She shrugged off. “I am not afraid of my future. I know this will eventually happen.”

“What if you are free?”

“Don't give me high hopes... I tried to run when I witness first BDSM sex. But they caught me. They were ready to teach me lessons but since my price is higher they didn't want to ruin my PRETTY FACE.”

We walked around and I discovered that we are on an island. This place isn't vast but big enough to have a forest. The mansion was near to the forest, which successfully partially hid it. Even The island has its farm.

Everything around here is peaceful. It could be our retirement home. But the aura of those disgusting men offend my peace.

I remember Mark was preparing our new home. I wanted to decorate my home. The home that Mark and I could have carved together.

“How far you are?” Eli asked pointing at my pregnant belly.

“I lost the count... Maybe 30 or 34 weeks.” I mumbled.

“Soon, he will be out. You need to eat. You were sleeping when you arrived.”

“How do you know the baby is HE?” I glared at her.

I can not trust anyone. Although, she looked young, but she has spent her most of her life in this world. I can understand whatever she is doing is for her survival.

Survival.

If I have to kill anyone for my kids then I'll kill. I have already killed someone and I'll kill every time if I will have to.

“I heard them talking.” She answered.

“What else you heard?”

“The old one is afraid of your husband maybe... He has a different plan. He is using everyone, including you and your husband.”

This was interesting news. I have to know more. Looking around, I made sure of our secrecy and stepped near to her.

“What else?” I asked.

“Don't tell anyone. He will kill me.” She begged.

She has spent her most of her life in the mafia. She knows what could happen if she passes me the information but I need to know. I could escape.

“Vincent will take my baby. At least, save him... Would you find someone ready to adopt him?”

“We are not allowed to leave the island...”

“Then you are useless.” I snapped and stomped far from her.

I explored the island alone, discovering no way out. It was well-guarded and had deployed mafia men in every 200 meters with all the requirement arms.

I remember Hossane from Andrew's brothel called me beautiful. She said that I could allure their boss, Andrew Schmidt. Maybe I could use this stupid theory here. Maybe I could allure anyone here to help me to escape.

“Excuse me....” I called the random man, but he ignored me with a poker face.

Uh???

Why every Mafia men has those emotionless face?

“I am Beth... May I know your name?” I said with my sweetest voice possible.

No reply.

Is he mute?

“Do you know how to speak?” I asked again.

Again, no reply.

Yes, he has a problem.

“I can try to understand. I hope you can hear me.”

Nothing.

This is irritating.

I hit his forearm which eventually, earned me his reaction. He simply turned his head and raise his eyebrows with amusement.

“I am talking to you.” I glared at him. “I know you can talk,” I yelled.

“I want the pregnant lady away from me.” He said holding his microphone.

“I am harmless” I whined. “Please talk to me.”

I tried my best to make him talk, but he stood with his poker face and held his head. This giant man was hard to break.

I was able to hear a group of people approaching us. Then suddenly, it was Smokey......

Then.......

Owww... Wolf?

Owww... Ooow..... OOo....

Wolves?