Chapter 26: Siblings

Savannah's POV

My baby siblings are restless, and I am trying to preserve Beth's cookies so that I could feed them while delivering them a fake story about Beth preparing numerous cookies for them. Only for them.

Beth is not dead. Dad investigated the found dead body and after the DNA test, it was confirmed that she's alive. Which ultimately means August was the whistleblower.

But why did August backstabbed at dad?

Dad treated him like his brother. He even loved him more than Uncle Andy.

I never anticipated that Dad hated pop and his family so much that he will consider the dead. Just one day he asked me to forget about them and instructed me to act as if they never existed. I did the same. Even I forget about them.

I spent a little time with them so their absence never bothered me. It was just Aunt Amaya whom I missed. Even Dad missed her. She was different from the rest of the family.

Discovering a family, in her engagement party was accidental, but Dad did love his newly found family. Even though pop abandon Grandma. Yet dad tried to fix everything. Dad and Uncle Andy were good brothers for a while until success hit dad. He became so busy that we rarely talked to each other. That was time, dad told me about a redhead who will love me like her own.

He was talking about Beth.

Beth was a kid herself at that time.

His words were true. Beth does love me. I can not expect her to love me like her own, but she does care about me. I think we can be friends. She makes Dad happy. I have never seen him gleaming.

Dad looked too old for his age. He never cared for himself but he does now. He looks younger, healthier. His grey hairs are almost gone. Now, he wants to look good for Beth.

“Savvy?” Eli called. “Mommy hate me?” She had tears in those blue eyes, which were replica of Beth. Indeed, she's Beth's clone. Dad was right. She's Elizabeth junior.

“No... Princess. She loves you a lot.” I hugged her.

She forced a smile which never reached to her eyes. Those blue eyes shine when she smiles. And she wants her mommy. This little Rossi never got to spend proper time with her mommy. And now, she will never be able to have her Mommy and Papa at the same home as a normal family.

“Eli?” Suri rubbed her eyes when she saw us entering the bedroom. Even I am paranoid in Beth's absence. I make sure that all of my siblings including Suri and Eli sleeps in the same room.

“She was with me,” I said.

“When mommy will come? I miss her.” Eli pouted. I wonder how my next sibling will look like... I want the next little one to be as innocent as Abioye, as energetic as Eli and as territorial as Sylvia. A perfect mixture.

“When you will hug Abioye, she will come back,” Suri said.

Eli beamed and jumped to hug her brother. Their eyes resemble their heritage. It seems that they have the same parent. 

Abioye is getting comfortable around us and that day was the best when he drew random patterns on the wall. Pop said he will never paint those walls.

“She is brave,” Suri said. I knew she was referring to Beth but I have seen her in hospital. Her face had so many bruises that it was difficult to imagine her scar-free face.

It was disgust to see Dad staring at her. It was love at first sight. He fell in with her. Not with her appearance or her name or with their connection. He loved her. Just her.

After a while, I realized he was using Sylvia to claim Beth. He was making sure that she fell in love with my baby sister, Sylvia. But instead she fell in love with everything about him. Even his daughters. I am glad she doesn't hate me for my misbehaviour. I was a spoiled bitch. But after my recovering from coma, I see her efforts.

“I saw her. She was almost corpse.” I said.

“The way she fought with Sir, inspired me. I want to be like her.” She said.

“She's proud of you. You saved Abioye.”

“Mom saved us..... I mean Cheryl, mom. I can't imagine Mrs Rossi as my mom. And Mr Rossi as my father is a big no.no... To me, your father is my Dada. I always called him that. Although, I knew he isn't my father and Mom isn't my mother....” She narrated her story.

“What was like to feel unsafe every time?”

“I never felt unsafe. I knew mom will save me and Dada will punish them eventually. But that day, Sir shot her and hit Abi a lot. He locked him for the whole day when he didn't stop crying..... That was the day I realized that we need to escape but then suddenly, he stopped coming to us. But I always felt that he would come and hurt us.”

“You are as brave as Beth. But you are Suri.”

“Would you mind if I stay here?”

“I would love to have you here. I like your sassy side.”

We talked a little while Sophia feed Sylvia and Eli taught her brother how to draw. He is becoming comfortable around us and is loved by everyone. He is our only brother.

I was wide awake and Sophia was sleeping next room to us, security was strict, yet I was restless. Now, I understand why Beth was paranoid.

Deciding for coffee, I went to the kitchen and switched on every light for some unknown reason. I felt as if there was someone else in the house.

Dad along with pop and Victor spends their maximum time in the office two floors below. They are looking for a clue. This time dad is handling everything. His intelligence service team.

While preparing coffee, I found Hunter's letter. I remember hitting him when he came to visit me for the last time. I shouldn't have hit him but I don't know why his soothing words were irritating me. So I hit him with the dairy he gifted me that day. He looked heartbroken. I knew he likes me but his that heartbroken look was foreign to me. I was guilty, yet I didn't stop him.

Keeping his promise, he didn't come to see us. But he does send a letter like an ancient man to tell Sophia about his wellbeing.

“Who sends letters nowadays?” I whispered.

“You won't be able to send any.” This was the last feminine words I heard before feeling a sting on my leg.