Chapter 29: Inhumane

Beth's POV

“Stop.......stop....” I screamed in pain but August didn't stop. He continued to press my tiny baby bump with his massive body while thrusting me forcefully.

It hurts.

My baby.

“Mark....” I screamed as loud as possible.

“He will not come.” August slapped me so hard that my vision got blurred. I couldn't hear anything for a while.

“Don't... H...hurt my baby,” I begged him. “It hurts. Stop.”

Despite all my begging, he continued to pound into me. I cried. My body pains.

“You are bleeding,” August said with disgust in his voice.

“My baby.” I held my stomach and cried. “Please do something. It's my little Mark. I can not lose my baby.”

“This pig deserves to die.” He was about to punch me but Vincent broke the door and immediately came to me to cover my body.

“Save my baby.” I pleaded to the man in front of me.

“Don't ever hit her... She's your golden key to escape.” Vincent ignored my plea and warned his son.

Carrying me to downstairs, I was laid on the bed. They have medical help in the mansion. The medical helpers rushed into the room and check me up. I was relieved when I saw my baby.

“Soon, you will be able to know the gender.” Nurse said wiping the gel from my stomach.

“No need... I know it's a boy.” Vincent shrugged off and helped me to sit.

“I wanted to experience this moment with Mark.” I sobbed. “Please don't drag Savannah in this mess.”

“As promised she will be back to her home, once we get her eggs..... I don't know about you.”

“Why do you want that so-called specific gene of the Schmidt family?”

“It is necessary for the survival in this Mafia. I spent 52 years of my life in this... I know nothing but this.”

“52 years? Marcus said you were 46 something....”

“He doesn't remember anything about me and Cora, except getting married to her. Yes, he did saw the first time when I was three. We all saw as our Prince. And we were bound to protect him.”

Vincent made sure that I stayed away from August, to make sure my safety. He will take the baby. To train the little one as brutal as he claims a Schmidt could be.

I remember, watching the complete family photo for the first time. Mark was happy. Savannah was beaming with the same smile that Sylvia has. It appeared a perfect family with Vincent standing a few centimetres away. And it was hard to break that it was all for a show.

All the three Schmidt man looked handsome. Marcus and Mark along with Vincent. No words can define it. Mark looked young and happy. It is all because he always wanted a family. That is why he is a dedicated towards Savannah, Sylvia... Me and Eli.

I knew, that he loves Eli as his own. He is ready to spoil her with anything he could think of. Eli is lucky to have him in her life. Although, no one will never be able to replace Valerio in her life. That Rossi is her father.

“Do you need anything?” An old maid asked me for the nth time. She has been continually asking me the same question from the last 4 days. I see, Vincent is very serious about this baby. He will take my baby away.

Everything is like a circle where I am back to my starting point. I started with losing my twins and now I am about to lose this baby too.

“Can you tell me, where is August?” I asked.

“Mr Costello...... He is busy with Mr Anderson.” She replied.

Anderson.

Katelyn Anderson.

Mr Anderson.

He must be Kate's father.

Dr Nathaniel Anderson.

Nate is here?

“Mr Anderson?” I tried my luck to gain information. “Is he a doctor?”

“No, he's a banker.” She said before leaving.

Banker.

This is not the Anderson, that I know. But the presence of this Anderson which is a banker means he is a decent person. Maybe he could help.

Looking around, I walked and eavesdrop their inaudible conversation. I don't know if August is aware of my presence but all I know that this risk is worthy.

I hit the door and screamed but nothing happened. Then it was August who opened the door with a disgusting smirk on his face. His sin ruined his handsome face.

“He left....” He said pointing at the lift. “We have a private lift directly into office from underground parking.”

This could be my last chance. I see, the lift went to the underground. And without thinking twice, I ran downstairs. I need to talk to that person.

I was about to reach the door but a maid caught my hand. Then two maids held me. They all apologize knowing that what they are doing is wrong but it's all a waste.

I hear a car driving far from us.

Finally, I broke into tears. Why did this happen to me?

Have I done something sinful in my past life that God is punishing me?

Kate was my best friend. I consider her as my elder sister. And everything is over. Just because Antonio arrived in her life. I hope, she's fine. I pray she wouldn't have to face what I faced.

I will teach Mark a lesson once I am home. It was him who wanted my information and gave this task to August. Now, I have to deal with this sick man.

I hate Antonio and hate the tricks of Marks.

“I would have punished you. But the pig inside you is dear to my FATHER.” He taunted me knowing that I am stuck with no help. But I don't why I am willing to give up this time.

I feel that Mark will be here soon, and we will be back at home, with all our kids.

“Lock her.” He roared the same way Mark and Marcus does. This is another proof that he is a Schmidt as well.

I was dragged to my room. The guards in the presence of maids sealed windows and the balcony. Now, all I could do is see-through them but my voice will not go out of the room either I am allow to leave the room.

“Where are you, Mark?” I cried.

“He's near.” I heard.