Chapter 11: Glasses, Glasses everywhere

Beth's POV

His hands encircled around my waist to pulled me closer. I could feel his heart rushing beneath my hand. I felt proud of myself, knowing that I did this to him. Looking into his hazel eyes, I find few similarities between Andrew and him.

They are brothers.

Shoving him away from me, I walked back inside the home into our bedroom.

“Elizabeth...... Elizabeth......” He followed me. “Trust me, I hate the fact that the person who impregnated my mother is Andrew's father. I never wanted this. I didn't have any choice.” His desperate voice and stupid words kept following me till we reach to our bedroom.

“Are you out of your mind?” I shrieked. “No one chooses their parents...... All this time, You knew who I was, the reason of misery. Yet..... You choose to shut your mouth. And now, you expect me to trust you. Give me one valid reason to trust you…”

“Because I love you.” He knelt. “I fell in love with you. Not with Allison's daughter or Andrew's scapegoat. I fell in with you. YOU. The woman who was ready to accept my 5-month-old daughter, who was ready to tolerate 16 years old daughter's tantrum, the woman whose heartbeat hiked when she saw me all the time. Without knowing your name....”

“Suddenly, you are confessing a lot.” I taunted him expecting a reply, but he kept looking at me with raw emotion. He looked defeated.

I walked to him and stood in front of him. I do love this man. He is the father of my child.  At least, he tried to behave better but he raped me as well.

Cupping his stubble beard across his face, I pulled him to kiss me. He stiffened with the exposure of our lips to each other. I think, he didn't expect this. Neither did I. But easing his massive body, he moved his lips against mine, showering his passionate, deep kiss. He
wrapped my waist in his hands and pulled me closer to his chest. Locking his head in between my arms, I sat on his lap, that was too comfortable.

He is mine.

“I missed you.” I heard him when we broke our kiss. “You are......”

Smack.....

He was ambushed with my sudden violence. Even I was. But he deserved it. Unexpectedly, I am behaving like a madwoman. He thought I will forgive him easily.

No...

“What was that?” He said touching his jaw.

Smack......

Smack......

“Are you out of your mind?” He raised his voice, causing me to wobbled due to fear.

I could feel my heartbeat intensifying into my chest cavity. I couldn't breathe. It's suffocating in his presence.

He will hurt me. My baby...

“Elizabeth..... Calm down.” He took steps toward me but I don't trust him. He was one of them.

Crying, I marched to my babies. I need to protect them. He will hurt them.

“Elizabeth..... Slow down. You are pregnant.” He followed me through the stairs, even Tinker followed us but Racer was missing.

I ignored him. He will never change. He is just like them. Selfish.

“Elizabeth..... Calm down.” He gently touched me but his sins were not gentle. He is equally responsible for my misery. “Don't ever run like that.” Even after everything, his voice was soothing. Tinker sat and frowned at us.

“Don't hurt my babies.” I pleaded.

“No one will ever hurt them.” He hugged me.

We didn't dare to talk to each other and absorbed each other's body warmth. It felt so right. So home. I wished if things had been different. Maybe then everything would have been better.

“Ahem... I brought Ava here.” Valerio interrupted us. “As well Snow.”

Mark growled while breaking our hugs and glared at him. While they were busy with other glaring games, I went to see Ava.

Ava was here playing with Abioye. My son was smiling. It is the first time, I am seeing him, smiling. He has an adorable smile. That dimple on his left cheek is inherited from my father. At least, he has something from my family.

“Papa, He looks like Mark.” Eli ran and pulled Valerio to show him Abioye.

Frightening with the presence of a new face, he scoots closer to Ava but failed to get comfort. He called for his Dada, Mark who jogged to hold him. But he was still restless.

“Ma.......” He cried out. “Ma......ma...”

I held my son tight and he hugged me back. His breathing was elevated. Kissing him, I hummed Sylvia's song and it worked. I love my babies. They have solutions to each other's problems.

My jealous Sylvia hugged my leg and pouted. To calm her down, I kneeled to kiss her cheeks. And surprisingly, she took it and gave me her puppy look.

“This boy looks a lot like you.” I heard Valerio speaking. He must be speaking to Mark, at which few inaudible words were the answers by Mark. “Who is his father?” Valerio added.

“Biologically, Andrew Schmidt. He looks a lot like his uncle........” I answered. “It is obvious. Mark is his uncle.”

Inhaling air, Valerio tried to absorb his anger before he attacking at Mark with words. “I always knew, people like you will never be a good person.”

“Please, define my type.” Suddenly, these two grown-up men are arguing with decent words. I didn't like them discussing in this way in front of kids but it was some sort of relief that at their animosity knew their limit. They prevented to use unethical words.

“When I'll be back then I'll claim what's mine.” Valerio almost snapped. I know, it's hard for him to control. But appreciate his efforts.

“She's my wife, and they are my kids.” Mark fired back.

“They are her kids as well. She will decide.” Valerio was about to take his gun out but stopped as Tinker started growling. “She can decide, whoever she wants.”

“Since I can decide, then why do I need a man in my life,” I said. “Whatever happened was enough to teach me the consequence of trusting someone blindly.”

We were arguing with each other with eyes and polite words. But then, everything went blank......

Quite.......

Bomb......

People were rushing everywhere but nothing was audible. It was chaos, everywhere.

All the glasses, from windows, doors, cars blasted. One by one. It was glasses. All glasses. Everywhere. Our home was almost destroyed.

What was that?

Mark blocked me, Sylvia Ava and Abioye. Valerio held Eli, Snow and Tinker.

“What the hell was that?” Valerio screamed.

Ignoring us, scared kids, dogs, Mark pulled out his phone and typed furiously.

“It happened again...... Where is Savannah?” He yelled at the person on the call. “Last time, it was fire. This time, it was glass. Someone entered. Even Rossi entered.”

Mark owns a security firm. One of best. It is almost impossible to break his security. I remember the fire at the house. Luckily kids were on a school trip but now, we have kids here who witnessed this mayhem. Realising the gravity of the situation, I panicked.

“How did you manage to come here?” I asked Valerio.

“An anonymous e-mail with the map of this estate. All passages were mentioned.” He said. “You have a traitor in your team, Rogers.” He warned Mark.

“He was here,” Mark said to the person on call.