Chapter 8 : Brave Hearts

Dedicated to Alizakhaan

Victor's POV

“Where is Neil?” I asked Jenny.

“School.” She's trying to sound calm but her weariness is audible. She's pregnant and she has to face all this. “How's Mr Rogers..... Mark?”

“He's bottling up his feelings,” I said truthfully. “Please....take rest.”

“I miss you,” she whined.

“I'll be home soon.”

“Don't forget to bring Mr Rogers. There's another pregnant lady waiting for him. Maybe to teach him lots of lessons.” She giggled. I love this side of her.

We chatted about everything possible before hanging our call. It's been almost 4 days that Mark brought us to Mr & Mrs Bell. To their graves. He seems close to them.

For four fucking days, I haven't seen my woman and kid. But it's all well worth it once I am home.

“How's she?” Mark shut the car's door and sat. We haven't taken bath from the last four days. Now, I feel I would die with not bathing, then I'll haunt him.

“Which she?” I started the engine. “There are a lot of SHE in your life.”

“All those she..... possible.”

“Sophia is busy with Savannah. Savannah is well. Sylvia is OK. That little monster has her mama. Jenny is missing me....”

“Come to my she....” He's annoyed and I enjoyed it.

“She is fine.” I laughed. “Quiet. At a messy home. Maybe waiting for you. Aaannnnddd..... Eli was asking for you.”

“Eli was asking for me?” Now, he is excited. “And Abi?”

“Dude, that boy is restless. You should have thought before leaving him. He thinks you are his father.”

“He's mine.” He said politely. “He always calls me Dada.”

“I understand you are guilty of what happened. But Andrew's funeral is.......”

“Don't you dare to tell me to join his funeral? He doesn't deserve any type of respect.”

He shut his eyed pretending to sleep. But he's awake worrying about the worst. I believe if he should have presented Beth, the truth, things could have been easier. At least, this is what I feel.

Mark is the person who held a lot of regret in his life. He always believes that he is responsible for everything, if he had been more careful, or even tried harder, things could have been different, but he's a human who has his own issues to deal with. He can't take care of everybody related to him.

I do feel bad for Amaya, Cheryl. They all were victim of Antonio and Andrew. Mark has nothing to do with their rivalry, yet he is the one going to pay off other's Karma. He was trying to save everyone possible. But it was Cheryl who wanted to go back to a brothel for her Ava. That woman proved to be brave. She saved Ava and Abioye for years from that fucking bastard, Andrew.

I was heartbroken when Antonio married her. I liked her, and she didn't want the marriage as well, but she was another 'mafia princess born to bear another king'.

Antonio had his fun and Cheryl was tortured for his fun. Her husband has a weird kink of sleeping with every woman he saw until Kate. She tied him down. Even Kate paid for his mistakes.

Kate hates Cheryl, thinking that she was a bitch who forced Antonio for marriage.

Poor souls!!!

“You think Andrew don't deserve respect..... What about Cheryl?” I asked.

“Her father refused to acknowledge her. I think we should pay her tribute...... Suri was close to her."

"That kid is brave as Beth." I feel proud that I know a woman like Beth, Cheryl, Jennifer, Sophia, even Abigail earned my respect. Now that kid Ava... Actually she calls herself Suri. Even Mark calls her Suri. I like that name.

“Suri wants to live with Elizabeth,” Mark said. “She trusts Elizabeth more than her mother.”

“To her, Kate is a new face. But Beth is the face that saved her. Fought for her...... What if that kid wants to stay with you forever?”

“At this moment, I think she wants to stay forever but not with me but with Elizabeth. They both don't trust me enough.” He laughed. “It all depends on Elizabeth. As far as I know, Elizabeth will always love Suri for taking care Abioye. Suri is brave for her age.”

“That girl paid for what her father did. Maybe this will teach him a lesson.”

“Kate will be heartbroken if she hears what Suri calls Cheryl......”

We didn't say much, silently we prepare ourselves for upcoming family drama. First Ava got missing and Beth was punished and now, even if Ava is back as Suri, Beth will be punished.

Any mother would be furious to learn that your child doesn't trust you but someone else. This is the case going to be with Kate.

Ava doesn't trust Kate, her mother but trust Beth, who saved her. It is totally understandable.

We stayed in a motel, where I freshen myself, and then we headed home.

Home is an amazing feeling where my family waits for me. We still have tight security and yesterday evening, Mark received Hunter's acceptance letter from the college.

Hunter has always been a bright student. Although we need him here for Savannah's safety, but he's a kid. He is always a kid to us no matter how old he gets. And we can't hold our kid for our other kid. So if he wants to leave he should leave for his better life.

“Drive to Williams....for Tinker and Racer,” Mark said absent-mindedly. “I hope Racer is ready?”

“We have to find HIM...” I tested the water before speaking. “Beth is not the same.”

“Because she's a Rogers now.” He is proud. Who wouldn't? Everyone sees Beth's flaw. Her one hand. But she's capable enough to kill anyone with just one hand.

“She glares a lot. As if ready to slay her enemy. She's going to be a protective mother.”

“And she already has lots of kids.” He commented.

“Her kids are brave like her. But. That boy is traumatized......”

“Yes. Andrew wanted him to be trained for as protector for his heir. Just like......”

“Just like?????”

“I am ashamed of that...... My past. My heritage......”