Chapter 10 : Awaited Confession

Beth's POV

Mark clenched his jaw fuming with anger. “Kids are here... We can talk later.”

“That's what you always do. You escape.” I sneered.

I had enough of his lies. His so-called excuses. He's not ready for most-awaited confession even after everything. I could have died, our baby could have died, yet he's like a selfish man thinking about himself. I scoffed and decided to feed Savannah breakfast.

Hunter understood and without any words, he went inside the room with food basket and I followed him ignoring, both my husband and father-in-law.

While I was arranging plates for everyone, I heard people entering the room but I didn't bother myself to look for the intruder.

“How do you feel?” It's Mark. And his concern voice is talking to Savannah.

“I am sorry, dad.” Savannah cried. This is the first time she is speaking in front of me. Otherwise, it's always Sophia or Hunter, who passes me her words. “I was drunk. I didn't want Sylvia to face...”

“Shh......” He hugged his daughter. “I know, what were you thinking....but she will never cheat me. He forced her.”

“I know, she is busy to plot against us but how do you know she was forced?” She snapped and glared at me. “Maybe she was enjoying. You kept her against her will.”

“I am here,” I informed them about my presence and Hunter took a hint to leave with the kids except Abioye, who is still not comfortable with him. Even my father-in-law left. It's now three of us. Mr Rogers, Miss Rogers and Mrs Rogers.

“If she's here against her will then she would have run away.” My husband argued. This is the first time, I am seeing Mark taking my side against Savannah. He never interferes in his daughter's life. NEVER. “But she is here, with us. Willingly.”

“As if you let her go… “ She scoffed. “Do you know he had implanted tracker in your body? And I don't know about now, if it's there or not.” She said to me.

Tracker? In my body?

That's why he always knew what I was doing or talking. He listened to my conversations. He invaded my privacy.

“He even hired a man to follow you when you were a kid...” She added. “That man followed your sister as well. Dad seems obsessed with redheads.”

“Who told you this?” Mark raged but kept her voice low due to Abioye.

“Before success hit you, I used to sneak into your office to wait for you but you never came.” She said, but disappointment was expressed in her voice. I heard a daughter's voice calling for her Dad.

“Even you had trackers, but you never complained about it.” He questioned his daughter.

This man needs to be taught the lesson of privacy. How can he do this is? There are limitations.

“Because in the name of privacy, only a tracker was put. You never bother to listen to my conversations.” She explained her father. “I don't know about her.” She eyed me.

“I thought you trusted me,” I said to Mark. “Did you listened to what I was speaking or who was speaking to?”

“It's for your  He tried to justify himself.

“That's not my answer. It's a yes or no question.”

“Yes, I heard everything you said.” He confessed. “I was making sure that....”

“No one tells me the truth.” I finished his statement and laughed. “But I know the truth. I saw the frame...... You lied about your life. How can you live a lie?”

“That's not my reality. That photo in the frame is my biggest mistake ever. I hate that memory of mine.”

“That's why you kept that half piece of frame in your apartment.”

“Our business is none of your concern.” Savannah snarled.

“It is my concern, dear.” I faked a smile and showed her evidence of my bond to her father. My wedding ring. “After all, I am Elizabeth Rogers.”

“You married her?” She asked her father.

“She's pregnant.” He informed his daughter and hugged her, understanding her insecurity. “I love her... And you... Our family.”

I see her holding her father tight as if he would leave her. Sobbing, she begged her father, not to leave her and her incoherent whispers as well.

“I think, I should make clear to you something. You are special. You are with him when he had nothing. You are his inspiration. He will always, ALWAYS love you. No matter who comes in his life. No one will replace you.”

“Out of every woman I was with, she's the only one who wanted to ask your permission.” He said to Savannah looking at me.

I remember, that day when we fought because of Abigail's perfume on his body every night. Although, he believes Savannah never interferes in his life, but she is his part. His every decision will always affect Savannah. Her reaction after receiving the news of our marriage isn't something that I wanted from anyone. Not especially from her.

I wonder how his ex-so-called girlfriend used to behave with when she was a little girl. Maybe this explains the reasons for her behaviour. Her insecurity.

Realizing that this their father-daughter moment, I left with Abioye with a plate breakfast. I had this intuition about the presence of my father-in-law.

“You should rest. You must be having a health issue... You know, you are old.” I teased him.

He chuckled and took the plate to eat. His eyes widened and flashed with adoration, when he took 1st bite. Without saying a single word, he finished his breakfast.

“It's been years without breakfast.” He said. “Amaya used to cook. By the way, I am Marcus.....”

“Amaya? You wife?” I asked. “Mark's......”

“Amaya was my daughter.” He smiled with proud. “She was nothing like her mother. I never had a normal family.....”

His voice held sadness. He is old, needs a family and surely, Mark hates his father. Although, I hate his son, Mark but no one deserves such hate from their own family. At least, he deserves to see his grandchildren.

“Would you like to hold him?” I asked Marcus referring to confuse Abioye.

“I am a stranger to him.” He said but I could see his excitement. He wants to hold his grandson.

“You are no stranger. You are his grandfather...... Mark looks a lot like you. I hope, your grandson doesn't have a problem with that.” I said and gave him Abioye to hold. "Same appearance."

Surprisingly, Abioye immediately went to him without problems. This almost the same works as magic. All these three males represent three generations of a family.

“I am sorry about your son.” I apologize. “You don't deserve this.”

“Am proud of my son. And... Whatever happened, I completely deserve it.” He shrugged off.

"I am talking about another son."

“You know,” Mark asked standing at the door with a guilty look.

“Of course, I saw your family photo. Frame...... I know Andrew Schmidt is your brother.”