Chapter 24: Brotherhood

Valerio's POV

“I don't want to see you.” I hissed at my brother. He dares to show his face after what he did to Beth. I lost Beth because of him. I could have a perfect life with 2 daughters. My redheads. But he destroyed everything.

“I know you hate us, but please....” I heard Kate. Her voice clearly showed her emotion.

Turning back, I found her completely disoriented. Her puffy eyes, red nose yearn for her daughter.

“I want my Ava.” She cried. “Beth is dead. Shawn is dead. No one is safe with Mark. I want Ava and Eli to be safe. Please bring them back to home.”

“And about her son?” I asked her.

I know, that boy is a reminder of the intimacy of Beth and Andrew but Beth loves him with all her heart even though the father of the boy raped her. She even carries him and that little hazel-eyed girl, Sylvia every time. To her, they are her kids. Even though she never mentioned it, but Savannah is her child as well, because Savannah is the daughter of Rogers.

“He belongs to the Schmidt family.” Antonio hissed. He hates the Schmidt family now. I can understand what Andrew did, is unforgettable. But we are mafia. We all are enemies before friends with each other. This was meant to happen. He should have thought before taking advantage of Amaya. She was sweet as far as I remember.

“He is her son...... And she's not dead.” I announced. I don't know why, but the news if her death was not convincing. Maybe it's the last drama that my brother put.

“This time, she is dead.” My brother snapped.

“Shawn is dead.” Kate dropped the bomb. This news was unexpected. He vowed to serve me till his death, and he did. I wanted my Beth and her kids to be safe and if he's dead it means she needs help.

“No... This time is like last time, she's alive. And now, she's fighting. She's not the scared Beth any more. She has tasted how it feels to be with family. Her kids. This time, she will not forgive any of us. We need to help her.” I warned him. He thinks the story of Beth is over. But no..... She has Marcus Schmidt, supporting her. That old man adores her a lot. I need to contact him. Death of Shawn is something worse.

I didn't share my plan with them, I need to get the hell out of here. I don't trust these selfish people.

We finally paid, and I was ready to meet Beth, her kids that includes Savannah as well. I don't know why, but I am having an urge to protect that spoiled Princess of Rogers.

What Beth has done to me?

“Where is Nancy?” I asked.

“Must be at her home.” Antonio shrugged off. And focused on driving.

I called that bitch but she didn't receive it. Looking at the time, I feel anxiety running in my veins. It's just 4 O'clock, yet she didn't receive my call. Sometimes, I feel her jealousy. And, Abigail is not the type of person who would keep her busy, especially when she's pregnant. Abigail loves her like her sister. They came from the same orphanage, with nothing.

“Did you check on Nancy?” I asked again dialling Abigail's number. Her PA informed me about the meeting. And this brought away a complete relieved.

Nancy was carrying my child and there's no doubt in it. I don't want to bring an innocent child into this mafia world that's why I investigate her and this investigation revealed her reality. She was taking treatments for pregnancy. She wanted to get pregnant by me. I think it was all her plan to get pregnant so that I would marry her. But now, I know, she is bitch. Although, anyone can see she loves Eli, but she's not ideal to be a mother, especially to Eli. Maybe she would be good for her child.

“Now, I can get my daughter back.” Kate sobbed. “I never wanted this. But I am partially glad that....that..... Beth is dead.”

“Beth was right. About- every one of us. We all are selfish.” I said.

“Listen, she deserved it,” Antonio growled. “She shouldn't have passed information about Kate.”

Ignoring my brother, I looked at my sister-in-law. She looked weak. What about Elijah and Evie.

“It was all Karma. He is paying for what he did. And you became part of it.” I tried to calm to her. “I am sorry that your elder daughter doesn't want you. But trust me, she doesn't hate you.”

“I hate Beth for that... She took my daughter. Her death was right.” Kate cursed the innocent soul.

“You are selfish, how will she know about mafia when you were not aware of mafia or Antonio's marriage,” I yelled accusing her. “It was Antonio who messed with Amaya, and Beth paid. Andrew wanted revenge, Beth paid. Again, she's paying for deeds of Schmidt family. People died to keep your daughter safe, Kate. Yet you dare to curse them... It was Rogers who made sure Suri's safety. It was Cheryl who died saving her, it was Beth who kill for her yet you are selfishly blaming them for all this.”

“They shouldn't have involved my daughter,” Antonio screamed. Stooping his car, I could see the shade of anger on his face. Revenge.

“You are no different from them. Because of you, Eli will never be able to have a normal family..... If you didn't like Beth than you should have talked to me. We could have settled somewhere far from here. You wouldn't have to see her face.” I fired my words at him and with a water bottle in my hand, I opened to get out of the car.

Rechecking myself, I made sure I had 3 guns hidden. I walked for unknown hours, until I saw a known car proceeding towards me. Finally, my ride is here.

“We are sorry for the delay.” Driver apologized. I was fuming with anger yet I smiled politely. This is what Beth wanted.

“So what happened with Shawn?” I asked instead of replaying him.

“Found dead in the middle of the road. His last contact was Mark Rogers, wanting to search for every Schmidt.” He updated me.

“Schmidt family has lots of secrets.”