Chapter 13: Karmic Cycle

Dedicated to RheiaWilsons

Beth's POV

“I am not going to rehab now,” Valerio announced. “I don't trust your security...” He pointed at Mark. “You have a bloody traitor in your team. The team that is a sensation now, for exposing the biggest human trafficking hub.....”

“I don't care about you fucking rehab... You should have sought help long time back.” Mark snarled.

“We are not here for some silly arguments.” Marcus roared. “You know who you are... Still want to have a normal life. Then the reality is far from your dream. You carry a Schmidt blood in your veins.” He referred to Mark.

“I should have known, he's a bastard.” Valerio laughed. “Beth, you will not stay here. You are coming with me along with Eli and Suri..... Even your son.”

“I am not leaving my other kids here.” I snapped. Thank God kids are sleeping and Savannah is there with them. “Is there anything I should know, Mark?” I begged my husband. After today's incident, it is clear that Andrew was not the real problem. There is something else that I should know. He is full of secrets.

“You killed the evil but not the one who created him,” Mark said.

“You mean your father.....” Valerio interrupted. “Come to the point. My Beth and daughter's security is at stake.”

“She's not your Beth, she's mine.” Mark punched him.

“Stop treating her like a trophy.” Marcus boomed. “She's my daughter-in-law, who doesn't need any man in her life.”

“She has nowhere to go.....” Mark smirked.

“So this is how you force her to marry you.....” Marcus shook his head in disappointment. “She is financially capable. She is my heir to legal business. I have already signed the papers.” He cleared and sat beside me.

I was stunned by what my father-in-law said but it was sufficient to shut others up. Our concern was not me but the safety of kids. They all were not even 10 years old and had to face all this disaster.

“Is there anything that I should know?” I pleaded with the audience. “I have nothing but my kids.”

“You killed the evil but not the one who created him,” Marcus repeated. “Andrew wasn't like this. But I left him. He reminded me so much of Cora. That was my mistake...... I was almost 13 or 14 years old- I don't remember but I do remember, seeing a 3-year-old Vincent... My half brother. Since Schmidt were involved in human trafficking for a long time, there was no doubt that my father had illegitimate children. Vincent was one of them. He was good. And I was a fat weakly, who was even scared of thunder.....it didn't take long for me to realise that if I didn't work on me, my half-siblings will take me down. I worked, Vincent was best, so he was supposed to be my shadow.” He added absent-mindedly. “It was our grandfather's death wish that changed everything. He wanted to see all his grandchildren together..... When we all gathered in one room to meet him, every one of us was guilty. Because we saw our sisters for the first time. We use to......” He cried. “Visit them. I raped my sisters. I swear... Swear- I wasn't aware. I would never do that to my sisters. They looked miserable. And did this to them. That was the first time, I wanted to finish the brothel system for forever.”

“It is called karma.” Mark hissed and sat in the table in front of me. Now, I realized that this what Mark was talking about. Looking at Marcus, I realized that he was devastated to know what he did to his sisters.

“You were not aware.” I tried to calm the old man, but then he laughed. A miserable laugh.

“Many of my half-siblings tried to escape, other committed suicide, few pretended they don't know each other but it was Vincent was lost his mind. Cora was his twin sister, and he was the one who tortured her till she was almost dead........ Vincent was strong and father needed him, so he was sent for treatment. When he was back, he was different. He was quiet. But the weird thing was he continued to visit Cora.”

“That's disgusting,” Valerio said while trying to control his vomit. After hearing this, we feel disgusted but it must have been hard for Mark and Marcus. They lived this all.

“That wasn't enough.” Marcus gulped.  “They fell in...love. They made a sucked up plan. They manipulate my father and forced me to marry Cora. My sister....” Marcus went through a lot. His tears are evidence yet Mark hates him. “I was in love with Alice, but they almost killed her. So I rejected her, without knowing about Mark. She was pregnant with my child. Mark...”

“Even after everything, you never looked for her.” Mark snapped. “I had to face abuse from my adoptive father until Caleb Bell saved me.”

“What happened after that?” I asked Marcus.

“I never slept with Cora... She was my sister, how could I do that?.......but she managed to get pregnant by me. Alcohol..... Then Edward was born, but he had down syndrome so Vincent killed him. Right in front of me. I almost killed Vincent for that... But Cora saved him. Then Amaya was born and then Andrew followed by Cecilia. They used my semen to impregnate her but Cecilia was Vincent's daughter whom he killed because she refused to sleep with him..... I left with Amaya, hoping that Alice would be happily married. It was Vincent who guided Andrew and bent him like they wanted. Vincent believed in pure bloodline. He didn't want to corrupt his genes so it would be better if his family members married to each other for an heir. And Mark is one of Schmidt by blood.”

“I am Rogers,” Mark growled.

“So it's a mafia war for the throne.” Valerio shrugged off.

“Mafia War is about to come. But this is something else... He wants Savannah and Sylvia. To breed his heirs. Especially Savannah. She is fertile.” Marcus explained.

“They are his granddaughters,” I yelled in shock. They are his granddaughters, daughters of his nephew..

“That's why he wants them..... To keep his bloodline pure.” Marcus looked guilty and hide his face behind his palm.

“He is still alive?” Marcus nodded at my question. He wants me to know this embarrassing truth because I was his family now. His daughter-in-law. “No one will touch my daughters,” I was determined. My daughters will not face the same fate as me. Doesn't matter, if I have to kill again.

“And we have someone inside who is helping him,” Mark warned.