Chapter 4 : Promised Love

Beth's POV

"He looks like Mark." I heard. Eli?

A tiny, soft hand woke me up. I opened my eyes to see Sylvia cuddling with me. Her hazel eyes beamed, once she saw my blue eyes looking at her and snuggled with me, like she does every time.

I kissed my baby's chubby cheeks winning her giggles. I will always love this sound.

Looking around, I realized we are still in hospital. All the bed and crib was still around but Ava is missing.

"Mommy....." Eli called. "He looks like Mark." Eli covered Abioye's eyes. My Eli is smarter. She understood that except their eyes they share a lot of similarities.

Abioye seemed short of breath when Eli covered his eyes. My son is panicked.

Oh, God!!!!!!!

Seeing her brother's condition, Eli removed her hands and gave me a regretful look.

I tried to calm him down, but he kept crying out loud calling for Dada.

"He's afraid of the dark." Mark ran to take Abioye and cooed him. "What happened?"

"I covered his eyes," Eli confessed. She felt guilty. "I wanted to show mommy that he looks like you."

"Of course princess, he looks like me." He ruffled her hair and she pouted.

"Why?" Eli frowned.

"Because he's mine."

"Just like silver is mine?" She asked again and Mark nodded. "Then what is mommy's?"

"A baby in her tummy." He looked proud and I glared at him. He's using my kids against him.

Eli beamed and jumped. I scooped Sylvia in my arms and caught Eli's hand to the bathroom. Freshening ourselves as soon as we went out of the room, we encountered the crowd. A lot of people around us. Rushing, discussing incoherent topics with each other.

The corridor was full of people from different background. Lawyers, cops, detectives, all were easily differentiated from each other.

What is happening?

Storm????

I felt lost in the crowd until the roar of clap initiated the stillness. People stopped to look around the sound. It was Hossane who was clapping looking at me. In her hospital gown, she looked better than last time. Proud. Hopeful.

Crowd follow her sight that was looking at me, making me the centre of attraction. Within a few moments of silence, claps, cheers echoed in the corridor of the hospital. It was loud enough to deafen me.

Sylvia got scared and held me tight as if they will take her away from me. Eli also hugged my stomach hiding her face.

"They are proud of you," Victor said and scooped Eli in arms. "You killed one of the most wanted men on earth. Andrew Sch......"

"Thanks everybody," Mark screamed. "But my wife needs rest." He dragged us back to our room.

"Don't touch me." I snarled at my husband. Why can't he leave me alone?

"I am taking Abioye with me. He needs clothes." Mark held my scared son and kissed my both daughters before leaving. "Make sure she's safe."

"I heard about the new member, Mrs Rogers." Victor teased me.

"I'll fuc......" I stopped remembering the presence of daughters. "Don't call me that."

"But trust me you won't regret this." His assurance held different objectives. I was curious and wanted to know if he was part of Mark's plan or not.

"Did you know?" I asked but instead of replying, he frowned. "About Mark's plan?" I described.

"Which plan exactly? He has a lot of plans." He checked the corner. A side-effect of being in a security firm.

"If you know anything and is not telling me then I won't be able to trust you," I professed and sat on my bed where Sylvia joined me.

Victor looked anxious. He knows something yet he refuses to tell me. He chose his side. Friendship won over humanity. He knows what they have done to me, yet he remains quiet. My face is proving of their inhumanity, still he preferred Mark.

"Tell him, Victor, Beth is coming with me." Abigail rushed in the room and carried Eli, without explaining anything to me.

"You will not....." Victor tried to block but Synn pushed him down.

"Bill is paid," Synn said.

"What is happening?" I was so confused. "Where are taking Eli?" All this time, Eli was frowning.

"How did you manage to come here? We have maintained high security." Victor stood up and blocked them.

"Listen, Beth is not staying with him. He's nothing but an obsessed person. Beth deserves better than this. These kids deserve better." Abigail yelled at Victor.

Her screams were so loud that Sylvia got scared that she crawled to me and reached the edge of the bed. If I hadn't caught her, she would have fallen. But my rush was so fast that I felt a jolt in my stomach.

"Mrs Rogers, are you OK?" Victor asked me hearing me groan. I nodded and held Sylvia. "And baby?"

"I want mommy. Silver." Eli struggled in Abigail arms.

Eventually, Abigail left her and Eli came to see Sylvia. But Sylvia was still scared and refused to look around here and preferred to hide her chubby face in the nozzle of my neck.

"You are pregnant?" Abigail asked and I nodded. "He is the father?" Again I nodded. "He succeeded?" Again I nodded trying to control my tears. "You married him?" Her emotions were at edged.

Feeling sorry her love for Mark, I simply nodded again. I was ashamed that I gave up so easily.

Abigail sighed and walked to the couch. Settling herself, she let out a laugh. It's her breakdown?

"I was 19 when we had Savannah. Mark was still underage. We were never serious, it was just fun. Even after leaving the orphanage, we kept meeting each other. He was 17 at that time yet he wanted Savannah so we ran away." She continued to laugh. "He was very fond of your.......mo...mother."

What the hell?????

"Your parents helped us a lot." She cried. "After eloping, I fell for him and wanted us to get married, but he never loved me back."

"You knew my parents?" I asked her. How's this possible????

"I don't know them...... Mark knows your family very well. He was abused by his adoptive parents until the age of 5 and your father saved him. After coming back to the orphanage, he used to spend with your family every Sunday till puberty hit him. He really liked your mother and her cookies. That familiar cookie, which you baked." She added. "When you were about to be born he asked her if you would look like her. She said yes. Then He promised her, and he's obsessed with that promise. That's why he refused to let you go."

"No... It's not...." Victor tried to stop her but I stopped him, I wanted to hear the truth.

"He promised that he would marry you and will have at least 6 six kids like her. All redhead." She revealed. "He knew he can't have you. You both have 10 years age gap... Maybe that's the framed you."

"There's something else," Victor said absent-mindedly.