Chapter 16: Blower of Whistle

Beth's POV

“How could you say that?” I screamed. I can't believe Valerio said that to Nancy. He is behaving like an immature man. He knows what this baby means to Nancy, yet he ordered her for abortion. She will never abort the baby. It is her miracle baby. Her blessing.

Mark updated me about her condition. The chance of a successful pregnancy is low. Yet she is willing to take the risk. Her uterus is weak to carry a baby.

“Only you would carry my child.” Valerio slammed the table. “Sex with her was a mistake.”

“That doesn't matter any more.” I caressed his forearm gently, trying to be his friend. “That baby will be beautiful just like Eli.”

“But I want all redhead.” He said and slammed his lips on me.

Before, I couldn't process anything, he scooped me on the table and spread my leg with his hands to settle himself in between my opened legs.

I tried to push him away but with my every attempt he deepens the kiss. His warm touch lingering on my skin, reminds me of Eli.

We made Eli together. Yes, he did rape me but I don't hate the outcome. My Eli.

“My daughter has your hair.” He smelled my hair while caressing my cheeks. “She has your eyes.” Then he captured my lips again.

He groans while kissing me and pulled me close to his abdomen. His hard body between my opened legs shielded them from the world. Like he should have but in reality, he failed to protect the mother of his child.

“This is wrong.” I broke our kiss. “I am married.”

“Does it feel wrong?” He asked me looking directly into my soul as if he could read them.

How does it happen?

Even Mark can read me.

“It doesn't matter if I feel it right or not, morally it is wrong.” I snapped and tried to get down, but he stopped me.

“Do you hear that?” He inquired as if he was not sure.

“I hate you,” I yelled and hit him. “Why don't you understand that?”

They all treat me like an asset. First his brother sold me then Mark brought me. And then now Valerio Rossi suddenly loves me.

“You don't hate me, Beth..... We both know this.” He pecked my lips and gave me space to walk away from him. “I want Rogers to see us like this.” He smirked.

Finally, I cried. “I love him....please don't ruin our marriage.”

“But you love me.” He cupped my cheeks. “Everyone can see that....” He captured my lips again. But this time, it was gentle, with passion, love. “Rogers is a clever person. He must be hearing us now.”

Thud.....

“Do you hear that?.” He asked again while pulling his Glock.

Praying to save my marriage, I followed him. I almost forget to breath when a thought invaded my mind... What, if this sound belonged to Mark? All I want is to have a happy home with my family. Me and Mark with our kids.

I know, he used Sylvia to come close to me but I love him no matter what ways he used. I love his daughters.

Valerio was relieved when finding no one. We were alone but we both heard and surely, there was a third person.

His brown eyes lit when he saw me behind him and was about to kiss me but I stepped back. He can not touch me without my permission.

“You should consider Nancy.” I reminded him. Nancy is pregnant and needs him. It is her miracle baby. It is their baby. This is the next step of her life. Maybe second chance of Valerio.

“I hate that bitch. I warned her about the baby.” Valerio hissed. “We will take the baby.”

His words reminded me of the time when I lost Eli. My first child was alive but I never saw her. I never knew how she looked, or her words. I didn't even know the gender of my baby.

“Don't repeat the past..... You took Eli from me.” I warned him. “I lost everything to this.” I was ready to burst.

“I swear, everything seemed so real. You looked dead. We even had a funeral for you..... Every one of us thought you are dead, until Kate found you in the auction.” His voice was at Edge. It looked as if he would he was ready to kill but his voice came from broken Valerio, who felt helpless when he can't control himself due to his bipolar.

I wanted to comfort him but instead, I watched him trying to control himself.

Breath in......

Breathe out........

Breath in.......

Breathe out........

“I will avenge for you.” He vowed.

“Violence never ends. It goes for generations. See... Schmidt family. It comes back to you.” I reminded him. “I love you. I will always love you. You gave me Eli...” I walked to him. “I promise I will love you but as the father of my Eli. That's it.”

“I don't want you to see me just as her father.” He knelt. “I want you to see me as your Valerio... Just like you see Mark.”

“There's only him.” I knelt to join him. “I will never be able to love you in that way.”

“What can I do then? Tell me, I will anything.”

“Then Go to rehab.”

“So you want me out of your life.” He let out a harsh laugh. “But remember Eli.....”

“I never want this.” I interrupted him. “Just to go rehab to help us.”

He gave me puzzled look which I excepted from him. Of course, he would be a puzzle. I crawled to him and made sure that no one was around.

“Since there is someone inside helping Vincent. I can't trust anybody but...... You. Suri claimed that night was a man in their room as young as you.”

“I think I am doing this...” His bitter voice made me feel guilty.

“I want you to go to rehab so that you will help us to look for the whistle-blower.”

“This is his problem, not yours.”

“This is about my daughters. I don't want them to have a fearful life. They don't deserve this.”

“Neither Eli....” He snapped. “At least, think about her.”

“I love her. She's my daughter. But Sylvia is mine too. I don't hate Savannah....”

“Is this some kind of game or wh......”

Smack........