Chapter 21: Reality Vs Dream

Beth's POV

When I opened my eyes, I found myself in a hospital room. I tried to get up but my body failed to support me.

This is a hospital. Yes, I can ask for help.

Pressing the call button, I called for help. A young nurse came and check me. She smiled politely and gave me medicines.

"Your husband was worried about you." She informed me. "He is exhausted. He loves you a lot."

"Where is he?" I asked.

"He is talking to the doctor..... I am sorry but I'll be locking the door. He is paranoid about your safety." She giggled.

Was it all a dream?

Maybe, because Mark is paranoid about my safety. Relaxing my body, I managed sat comfortably and ate fruits.

"Mommy had a bad dream," I said to my baby.

I can't believe within 6 months, I'll have a baby in my arm. A little Rogers. Smiling at the thought, I turned on the T.V. and watched an unknown film. Later I remembered the name, home alone.

Spending the whole day, in a room without anyone's company was frustrating but somehow, I bore it. I even tried to switch to the news channel but few channels were missing.

I kept talking to the baby and remembered how I used to talk Abioye and twins when I was in the dungeon. They were my strength. And this baby is too.

Dark.

Everywhere, it is dark.

I tried to open my blindfold but my hands hurt. They tied my hands behind my back and the handcuffs were too tight. It felt like my blood has stopped, it can not reach to the end of my palms.

"Sie riecht köstlich." I heard a voice. His emotions were unguarded. I could tell from his voice that he wants me.
(She smells delicious)

He is Andrew. Now, I know his voice, and the used to visit me regularly. Now that know his truth, I wonder why he came to me when he had a lot of girls for him in his brothel.

"Ich habe dir gesagt, sie wird dich nicht enttäuschen." I heard another voice. This is not Mark. I remember his voice from his cell. He used to be drunk. He never raped in whore house.
(I told you, she won't disappoint you.)

"Ich verstehe, warum Bruder von ihr besessen ist ....." Andrew laughed and I heard him, removing his belt.
(I understand, why brother is obsessed with her.)

How will I forget the voice of someone taking off their clothes?? It is the most horrific sound to me. When someone removes their clothes, either they rape me or hit me.

My cries muffled due to the cloth in my mouth. I used my legs to save me but there were two men in the room.

I was lifted to make me sit on the lap of a man where he entered into me roughly and then I felt something burning in my butt hole. A hot-cold, I can't define the feeling. My pain.

I screamed as loud as possible without caring about the cloth in my mouth.

"Ich mag sie schreien" Andrew moan.
(I like her screaming)

His voice gave me the feeling of nausea. I could feel my tears on the blindfold. I struggled but the other man behind held my waist and pulled me to himself to meet his thrust.

Both men held thrust me mercilessly. But didn't stop.

"Sie riecht köstlich." Another man said and bite my shoulder. The same place where Mark claimed me.
(She smells delicious)

I opened my eyes and ran to empty my stomach. It's been long that I bad nightmare. But why now?

There were 2-3 men who use to pay me their visit along with Andrew. They all used to speak a different language. Surely, they know me. This made me think, how many languages does Mark know?

My husband talks to me in English, but he knows other languages too. He proved that when he forced me. I don't want to have a bad memory of Mark but it is something which I will never be able to forget. I do love him but I can't unsee his sin. He did rape me doesn't matter if he was drunk or not. And this will take a long time.

"I hope you are fine," August said. His presence in my room was unexpected. In other words, I was expecting my husband.

I will talk to Mark and make sure August stay away from me. After my nightmare, I will listen to my instinct and will maintain the distance from August. I will also look for Shawn.

Shawn has a peaceful vibe around him, despite being in the mafia. I feel safe around him. He fought for me when Mark asked me in exchange for the information about Ava. He even got injured yet his behaviour was polite towards me. He does a great job in the absence of Valerio.

"Where is my husband?" I asked.

"Far from here." He shoved his hands in his jeans and his poker face expressed nothing. No signs of anything. Yes, I was dreaming. I am being paranoid. I will have to visit Dr Anastasia Harrington. She does a good job of listening.

"I want Mark," I said while walking to the bed and covered myself with a blanket.

"Well, he is not here."

"When he will be back?"

"Not anytime soon........ You should eat." He said and pushed the food trolley.

Switching on the light, he set dinner for me and switched on the T.V. It's rare to see him, playing family-family with me. He usually avoided people, according to my observation. He is never around and is always alert.

He sat beside me on the chair and watched T.V. But something in his eyes, grabbed my attention.

My blurred image.

It was the time reality hit me. There were no mirrors in the room, neither in the bathroom. My blurred image in his eyes, belongs to an injured person, whose face was swelled.

Why I didn't feel any pain then?

I touched my face and tried to study it. I was injured.

"Pain killer." August sighed.

"How many days?" I whispered.

"A week." He smirked. "I warned him not to touch what's mine."

Widening my eyes with realization, I tried to control my breath my I failed. "I want Mark."

"du riechst lecker." He whispered with lust in his voice and studied my face.
(You smell delicious)

His voice..... He was the 3rd person other the Mark and Andrew in the whore house. He raped me with Andrew while Mark was always too drunk to do anything.

There is something that nobody is aware of.

"How do you feel?" A nurse brought my attention. Looking around, I found myself in our bedroom. Mark's and mine. I am home. Safe.

Was that all dream? But it felt so real.

"Your husband is a mess. Luckily, the baby is fine." She explained. "Due to medicine you will hallucinate...." She warned.