Chapter 5 : Marked Truth

Mark's POV

“How's she?” I asked the nurse the same question, but she ignored me and locked the door again. I didn't pay the hospital staff to ignore me.

This is frustrating.

Last night, I was called to inform about Amaya. She was serious and the baby boy is in NICU. Once, Amaya was joyful. I remembered her sweet smile. She was nothing like her bitchy mother, Cora.

I regret giving Cora, an easy death. I should have tortured her like Gerard. Gerard Harrington. He was a millionaire lawyer, had an amazing wife, kids, yet he loved to visit Whore house. He tortured my Ginger, and gave her twins who eventually died. Even his sister Dr Anastasia Harrington is a renowned psychiatrist. He had a perfect life.

I don't regret killing Cora or Gerard or even that bastard traitor who disobeyed me. They deserved it but I do regret, not killing Andrew. I should have killed him along with his mother the day I find out what they made me do.

That bloody psycho killed Amaya's husband. And when a detective took his case, he killed the detective along with his wife, and staged everything as an accident, with my help.

My business was growing at that time, I needed someone's support. He guaranteed his support once he's done with detective. I watched him shooting the detective, leading to their car accident on the highway.

While taking the bullet out of the body of detective on the highway, I learnt that the detective was Caleb Bell and Allison Bell. The couple who helped me and Abigail to start a new life. I went to the funeral. That was the first time I saw my ginger after 10 years. She looked so much like Allison, Red hair; on the verge of becoming a woman. But her blue eyes were like Caleb. Her sister was her shadow.

I send them a huge amount of money as a monthly allowance because I knew, their uncle was a greedy man and takes away the money. Yet I sent a large sum so that enough money would be left for both of them.

Everything was good until Antonio messed up. He was married still his casanova side was active at that time. He slept with Amaya. And Andrew lost his mind. He became lunatic and vowed for vengeance.

Andrew looked for any weakness and when he found, he attacked, without thinking about others, or consequences.

Cora manipulated me. She was expert in it and convinced me to help her son. Well, I always wanted to teach Antonio a lesson for taking advantage of someone's vulnerability. So I helped them and we found Kate.

My second mistake was I didn't run a background check on Kate. That gave me a lesson for life. From that event, I made the habit of running a background of every people around me or their relatives.

I passed all the information about Late to him without knowing that the name of my ginger is Elizabeth Bell.

It wasn't hard for Andrew to find about Elizabeth. She lived there her whole life. He found out her weaknesses and convinced her but Elizabeth just looks naive, she has always been smart. She didn't inform him about the twins. That's why Andrew kidnapped only Ava and later discovered about the twins factor. I wasn't informed about all this planning.

Learning about missing Mafia Princess, the investigation was offered to me and I confronted Andrew who was calm and confidence took the file and the next day, he returned to me.

I knew, he made changes in the document but I didn't bother to find out. That's my third mistake. He framed Elizabeth, my ginger. And I lost my senses.

When I opposed him, his mother came to his rescue and I shot her. It was an easy death for her. Andrew wanted his revenge from me, but he always knew, I am more lunatic than him. We parted our ways. My Fourth mistake.

I searched for Elizabeth, but she was lost in whore house. I witnessed Andrew raping her 1 or 2 times, when I went to ask him for Elizabeth. I didn't recognize her and I fucking own a team of best intelligence services. Such an irony.

My ginger didn't look the same. Her skin was pale and kept screaming. Begging for mercy but I too drunk to help her. Even, I didn't recognize her when I first time saw her breastfeeding Sylvia. Her face had so many bruises, scars that it hid her beautiful face. Yet I was attracted to her.

I was ready to kill Andrew when I finally found Elizabeth, my Ginger through hospital records. Again, I failed, I was able to take only his one eye. His father saved him. I wanted to give Andrew a slow death.

That bastard raped his own sister, wanting an heir from her. But she kept giving him daughters. He bloody thought that his bloodline should be pure. Cora taught him this bullshits. That's fucking incest. Amaya always treated him like her baby brother, but he was the opposite.

He always treated Amaya as his property. That's why he was furious because that bastard Antonio took her virginity. Andrew believed that her virginity belonged to him. He made sure that no one touches her. Not even her husband. That's why he killed him.

“Mr Rogers......” Nurse called. “She's no more.” She announced Amaya's fate.

“Bullshit.” I roared. “She looked fine when we brought her here.”

“She was already too weak.” A Doctor interpreted. “All girls we're malnourished. But she was almost half dead.”

“Baby?”

“I am sorry..... This morning.....” Before the doctor could say anything, I stormed out of the hospital. I knew they both, Amaya and baby were too weak to survive but I promised Amaya I would always be there for her irrespective of situation. I am miserably failed.

However, We managed to save a few girls, boys, people for Andrew's circuit but I still feel, I am a failure. I should have tried harder. I should have kept a check on him but no, I was busy playing happy-happy.

My ginger made me proud by killing him but discovered the truth, I guess. She has been trying to make me confess but I feel guilty.

What if she leaves????

No, she won't. She's my wife, carrying my child. Mother of my kids. I want a big family with her. I promised her mother. She's mine. Elizabeth is mine.

“How's she?” Victor followed me asking about Amaya. I didn't answer him. “Baby.” Again, I treated him with my silence. “Rossi family is eager to meet your wife.”

“He shouldn't see her,” I ordered him “I hope Ava is home?”

He nodded. “But Abigail met her today.”

“She knows something,” I said. “Everything is ruined......make sure Mrs Rogers reach our home safely.”

“The truth was supposed to come out.” He warned me. “Why did you send her to Andrew?”

“I was drunk. Everybody there knew, that drunk Mark speaks absurd that's why no one follows drunk Mark's order, but one of the team member was working for Andrew. He took her to him.”

“That's why you taught him a lesson....” He was definitely satisfied with what I did.

“Abigail told Beth about your childish promise.” He sighed. “Is it true? That's why you married her?”

“Only I know the complete truth. But I do love her. It's not my obsession or promise. It's love. I know, it's love.”

“It means I know the half-truth.” Victor was shocked. He always thought I want Elizabeth because I feel guilty of passing the wrong information and witnessing her rape. But actually, I was more guilty of being part of her parent's death, Vicky's death. I really respected Allison. She was a mother figure to me.

If I could have been more careful she would have a normal life. Maybe I could have wooed her, like a normal person. But again, who wants a man with 17 and 1 years old daughters?

We were connected even before she was born.

“Where are we going?” Victor continued to walk beside me like he promised 7 years back. He will always be there to support me.

“Mr & Mrs Bell.”