Chapter 27: Brothers

Beth's POV

I have been rubbing myself for unknown hours to erase August's touch but I still feel him. Inside my mouth, my vagina, even my butt hole. He is a sick man. He doesn't hesitate even once, before raping his cousin's wife.

“You can't get rid of me.” August hit the door. “You have 5 minutes to get out.”

Looking in search of me in front of the mirror, I found a sick woman staring back at me from the other side. That image of the woman reminds me clearly, what has been happening to her from the past few weeks.

August rapes me and talks about killing my baby. I am lucky that he isn't hitting me, but he will eventually do that once I am healthy enough.

“Aren't you too bossy nowadays?” August taunted me once I entered the room.

Ignoring him, I dried my hair. Now, all I know that I will not die. Not after seeing my son, Abioye. He needs me. Sylvia needs me. Eli and Suri needs me. Savannah has the right to see her baby sibling. I will not die. I'll kill this sick man, August.

He left me in peace when I didn't reply. A feeling of relief covered the short-lived room. Later, he was back with a maid.

People here are equivalent to robots. They don't react at all. Every night, when I scream for help to stop him, they just avoid me.

2 night back, when I was able to escape I asked the driver to drop me to the nearest police station, hoping humanity but instead he called August. Later, while driving back to my prison, August so-called mansion, the driver apologized to me.

Vincent is coming to see me and like a show-piece, I am supposed to look good. But I wore a simple dress and decided to have breakfast.

“Looking for Maxwell?” August mocked me. He knows I am curious about Gage Maxwell involvement.

“If Gage is not in mafia than what was doing here?” I asked.

“Well, he's just like your husband.” A new voice invaded the meeting hall.

Ignoring the new voice, I continued to stab the fruits. I am fed up with meeting new people in my life from the past year. They all are so messed up. And are equally responsible for misery.

“She's fire.” The voice chuckled and I could hear him walking to me. “Just like Mark, Maxwell keeps distance from mafia but also at the same time works in mafia..... And people here are afraid of that kind.” He sat next to me, but I was busying planning their death. “Nobody will own their enmity to the person who knows your secret. Same goes for Maxwell. Nobody will ever want to be the bad book of them if you want weapons. It helps a lot to stay in mafia.”

Curiosity took over me and finally, I look at the man. He doesn't look anything like Marcus or August. His different shade of black hair made him look younger than Mark. Is he even old?

“I look a lot like my biological mother.” He said smirking. It was obvious anyone who knows his family will be aware that their genes follow from generation to generation. Their children look a lot like their fathers. Just like Savannah, Sylvia and Abioye who looks Mark's kids. Despite their different hair colour or eyes. They all look like siblings. No one will believe that they have different mothers.

“Are you sure you are a Schmidt?” I mocked him, subconsciously calling my death.

“Yes...... my Cora looked a lot like Schmidt.” He laughed as if my words didn't mock him, instead he enjoyed them as entertainment.

“You are a sick man.”

“No, I am not a sick man.” He smiled as if he is listening to a kid. “I loved Cora before knowing that she is my sister. I fell for Cora, not my sister. The same way Mark fell for you not with Allison's daughter. The way he loves you is the same I love Cora... Unfortunately, we shared our parentage.”

“Then why you want Savannah?”

“We Schmidt has a different gene... We are brutal. We are born to rule. The offspring with anyone else reduce the chance of passing this capability.” He became more comfortable while August passed him a cup of coffee.

“She's your granddaughter.” I snapped at him. His calmed attitude is annoying me. Provoking me to kill him right now with a fork in my hand.

“Yes, that's disgusting. That's why I'll use her womb, once she gave a daughter and a son then she is free.” He passed me a sympathetic look. “You don't deserve this.”

Taking my left hand, he caressed my left two fingers. His tone suggests that he is genuinely sorry for what happened to me.

“Your son did this,” I said glaring at August

Raising his one eyebrow, August chuckled and leaned on the table folding his arms over his chest.

“She's cute” Vincent laughed. They are taking as entertainment. “It was all Andrew. He ruined August plans

“Suddenly, everybody wants me.” I scoffed.

“No... This is a wrong assumption.” August interrupted but said nothing further.

“August wanted you ever since he saw you. Mark fell in love with you in hospital while Valerio wants a home with the mother of his daughter...... Your features are exotic. This makes you desirable. Every one of them has different reasons to have you.”

“What is so special about her that people answer her every question?” August asked his father. “You never answer my questions.”

“I always answered you but you never believed me......” Vincent answered but continued to look at me. “Trust me, she never told me about you... Otherwise, I would have given a better life.”

“Who is talking about trust?” August huffed. “The person who betrayed his brother. “

“I wanted to give Cora a better life.” Finally, Vincent snapped. “And..... You are no different from me. Even you betrayed your.....BROTHER. Cousin.”

They kept fighting verbally and this lead to only one conclusion. It's all connected. They all hate each other because they never cared about each other. It's the never-ending karmic cycle. Their ancestor chooses the wrong path which eventually passed on to the other generation, ultimately destroying their family.

Vincent does love Cora. As nasty as it sounds to hear, his feelings were true for her. I could see his eyes shining. Maybe it's his always a brother instinct which he misunderstood as love and there was no one to guide him.

He even had August at a very young age from one of the women from the brothel. Not aware of his son, Vincent always showered his love only to Andrew.

They both are in a way like Mark and Marcus.

Ignoring them, I was ready to leave until I heard the name Savannah. They didn't understand them clearly which is what Schmidt man do, but all I knew she's not safe.