Chapter 30: Unknown Helper

Valerio's POV

“When mommy will come?” Eli asked Nancy who was trying feeding Sylvia. It was surprise that Nancy is always around Eli and Sylvia. Both little girls are inseparable. Like twins. Since Eli is always good for everyone, she talks to Nancy to about Beth and the unborn baby a lot. But Sylvia doesn't like Nancy.

Even Abioye always run away from her. Either he is with Mark or Marcus. Both man when carrying Abi, it appears that they are carrying their clone. All three of them has different eyes, but they are related, it is visible.

“Princess....” Nancy looked for a word in her mind. Her face had a deep thought expression. “She will never......”

“Leave you all.” I interrupted knowing about the lies, that Nancy was going to feed the kids. She is trying to tell her that Beth will never come.

Bitch!

Sometimes, I feel kids of Rogers are smarter. They don't like Nancy. Sylvia bites her whenever she tries to go near her, and Abi runs away directly. Even Eli looks least interested in talking to her. It is the presence of Suri that assure me that they are saved.

This Suri is a Rossi but her upbringing are of Rogers. She is different from Eli. She is alert and always ready. Even after Savannah went missing, she was calm and managed kids with Sophia, until Nancy invaded Schmidt tower.

“Princess, why don't you take Baby Silver with you... So that Sophia can feed her?” I kissed my daughter's forehead. “She must be hungry.”

“Papa.....” Sylvia called me. Along with Eli, Sylvia has started calling me Papa. Her puppy Hazel eyes, proves that why Beth loves her...

She knows how to control someone, without knowing it.

“Yes, baby girl.” I cooed little Sylvia and scooped her in my arms.

Nuzzling into my neck, she yawned. She closed her eyes. Her acts remind me so much of Beth. That woman yawns before closing her eyes on the bed. And even though, little Sylvia is not Beth's biological daughter, but she is Beth's daughter in every aspect.

“She couldn't sleep the whole night.” Exhausted Sophia came with food for kids. She's old and recently announced her retirement, yet she's here to care for children. Even she doesn't like Nancy.

It may be because of Rogers Children but I began to notice that Nancy is sweet but only to Eli. Extra sweet. Nancy Smith is not like what she shows. Maybe, she intentionally wrecked Jennifer's marriage. Maybe, Abigail misunderstood her nature. Or maybe, every assumption about her wrong, and she's just a normal person with her selfish reasons.

“What are you doing with my daughter?” Mark walked into the kitchen with Abioye following him. This boy is going to wrap everyone around his fingers.

“She's sleeping.” I kissed little Sylvia's head.

“Dada....” Sylvia mumbled. “Papa... suddenly she giggled.

“Yes, doll... This is Dada.” He walked to us but Eli caught him.

“I want to be carried. Up.” Eli pouted and chuckling Rogers picked my daughter in his arms.

Looking at them, I realize that this is the most hurtful sight in front of me. Eli and Rogers are staring at each other with adoration. Rogers looking at her as if she is his daughter.

“I miss Savvy.” She said with sadness in her voice and hugged him.

These words worked as a knife, that cut my heart into pieces. I realized that he has everything that Eli wants. He has Beth, her mother, Sylvia whom Eli loves like her sister and even Abioye, her half-brother. And on the other side, I have nothing. Just my love. I can't even control myself sometimes dues to my bipolar.

Sometimes, I doubt on myself. If I am safe enough for my daughter.

“I'll put her on the bed.” I managed to say. Their adoration for each other makes me helpless. Even Suri doesn't trust me and my family enough.

“Do you want to find HER?” Mark asked.

I immediately understood what he was talking about. Because there was no way, he would ask me about Savannah who went missing 1 week back.

I nodded.

“Then, join us in the meeting room two floors down in half an hour. Sophia is here along with other guards for protection.”

Without any word, I put Sylvia into her bed. Soon, Eli came into the room with Suri and Abioye. The only thing that kept me satisfied is that Sophia never leave kids. After Savannah went missing, Sophia felt responsible for it and was ready to do anything to make things rights. This old lady is my inspiration.

Even at this age, Sophia didn't give up. She inspires me to go back to rehab so that I could come back and claim my family. Even Abioye.

“That was odd.” Victor was discussing with Marcus.

“What is the plan?” I asked looking at the camera that I got fixed in the rooms of children for my satisfaction.

“Children are safe,” Victor said.

“Just like Savannah?” I mocked him.

“This is the right move. It ensures the safety.” Marcus interrupted.

It was the Rogers entry that diverted our attention. Along with him, there was a girl around Beth's age. Her brown hairs were different, yet attractive. When I see her, she looked familiar which was nothing new. In the Mafia world, everyone is related to each other.

“Finally..... She is out of her den.” Victor whistled. “Welcome to the job, Sarai.”

“We can have a welcome party. But later.” She rolled her. “She's with safe. But you have to hurry. That August hurt her. Her baby bump is visible. And Vincent is ready to take the Boy.”

“Boy?” I asked.

“Yes, she's having a Schmidt boy.” She said.

“Rogers.” Rogers hissed.

“Everybody knows that you are a rightful heir of the Schmidt empire. The rightful successor of Marcus Schmidt. Your last name doesn't matter.”

“How does she know all this?” I asked again.

“She is one of best spy, assassin or whatever..... You can consider.” Marcus shrugged off.

“I saw her. She wants her family.” She said and took out a big paper. “Map of the mansion.” She opened the sheet and showed us.

“This looks like a Maxwell mansion,” Marcus said.

“It is.” She said. “They want your lad out of his daughter's competition.”

“My lad?” Rogers asked. “Technically, it all belongs to him. We trained him hard so that he could claim what's his. He will never back out.”

“Savannah is missing?” I interrupted and looked at the only lady present in the room. “Use your spy sense and tell us where is she?”

“She's here. Somewhere around us.” Rogers said. “The other whistleblowers couldn't get her out. But took out tracking device out of her body successfully.”

“So what's the plan?” I rolled my sleeves. It is time for a Rossi.