18 | Living Nightmare

[ LUCA'S POV ]

[ LUCA'S POV ]

Della was pretty docile as we drove to my apartment. I wanted to take her home but she refused to tell me where she lived. Hence, I had to take her to my place and not at my house. Why? Well, I wouldn't have to explain to my parents why their son was carrying home a girl that was pissed drunk. 

I scrambled out the car. I took her into my arms and carried her up the front steps to my place. I managed to fish the keys from one of the pockets of my jeans and unlocked the door. We made our way clumsily upstairs and into my bedroom. Unthinkingly, she collapsed onto the bed with an exhausted sigh and began to doze off.

"Della, wait, hold on, at least take off your heels and dress first." I said sitting beside her and unzipping my coat I'd wrapped around her. As soon it opened I was reminded why I had done so in the first place - her dress was way too short.

I felt myself gulping.

She groaned reluctantly and forced herself into a sitting position, 

"If you wanted to see me naked all you had to do was ask." She spoke unexpectedly clear and coherent, and raspier than usual. 

I was at a loss for words, my mouth hanging down to the floor.

Della flashed me one of those half smiles I loved and shifted closer to me, "You smell good," she paused to draw in my scent. "Really good." I was trying not to get sidetracked at our close proximity, but I couldn't help it. 

"You're drunk." I said dismissing her statement as I reached down and slid off her heels. One of them was broken, I realized.

She smiled and inclined in again, snuffling the crook of my neck, "And you're so warm," she rested her forehead on my shoulder and I felt her arms drape around my lower body. "Like toast. Oh, how would I kill for some toast right now." She respired deeply, her shoulders unfolding as she relaxed her entire body against me. 

I'll admit I liked having her weight against me. 

Having her in general.

"I missed this the most," she admitted, her voice lowering, causing me to shudder at the vibrations. I bit down on my bottom lip gently, and removed her arms from around me.

"Lay down princess, you need some sleep." I insisted. Her smile faded, her expression grew deep. Her eyes stared intently back at me, examining me; surveying me. Her eyes travelled down to my lips; slowly she reached forward and pushed away loose strands of my hair.

"That too."

I was confused.

"I missed that too. Your nickname for me."

Long-lashed, consuming brown eyes became hooded as they glanced up at me. "Among other things..."

I caught her hand as it began its descent to an area that was off limits. "No, no, no."