30 | Hunt

Chapter track: Hold On We're Going Home by SoMo.

[ LUCA'S POV ]

Damien Thornton was a dead man.

It did not take a genius to figure out that he was the one behind all the malevolent schemes and supposed revenge. I had started to catch on the moment he made the mistake of calling me for the second time, his voice not as deep as it was before and a familiar impulsive nature present in the way he retorted. The way he reacted to my jabs at him with such passion made my emotions gather into something meaningful. An epiphany at the situation occurred and I realized the truth was always there - I just had to do the necessary eliminations.

Firstly, Paige could not have been the culprit. Among the many evidences, the most outstanding was the way she clumsily fixed the mask as she was being taped by the security camera. It was almost as if it was her first time wearing something like that, which was most likely the case. Secondly, Natasha did not have a strong enough reason for doing something like that to me nor Della. I had denied her ogling and rejected her but for people who had crushes on others that outcome was growing more common. It did not matter if she was not used to being in that predicament. Yeah, it would hurt her pride like hell but not to the extent where she'd do things this drastic. It just wouldn't make any sense. Unless she has some mental issues that I was unaware of.

Initially there was the possibility that it was someone that loathed Della and wanted to see her in pain. Therefore, they taped her in an uncomfortable situation but that hypothesis was ruled out after the conversations I had on the phone. Those showed that his intentions were to hurt me, that he disliked her but hated me.

Then I attempted to recall my enemies, quite frankly, there were many of them. However, the first person to head the list due to recent encounters was Damien. The pieces all came together after that, especially when I had detected a little monologue he had with himself in between our calls as he cursed. Nobody else I knew called someone a 'pussyed cunt'. The redundancy was something that was unforgettable.

Now that, ladies and gentlemen, explained my current location in front of the Thorton's residence, joined by the police and their warrant for his arrest. 

The time that he was going to spend for all he did kept extending with the crimes he committed becoming more serious. He dodged the sentence of fourteen years in prison because of the compassion of Della during the last trial. Regrettably, I had been relieved that it was changed to two years of community service with a hefty fine but this time I was showing no mercy. 

As bad as it may sound I was not going to think of how we were back then; how good our companionship was. No matter what, he was going to spend the time he deserved and rot away behind bars with regret. Pests like him walking around and making others' lives difficult became a necessity to exterminate.

I adjusted the beanie on my head after brushing off a few snowflakes off my grey jacket. The policemen journeyed inside the house after being buzzed in by a female who had spoken over the intercoming, querying about their identifications. I watched from the sidelines, deciding to go in when it became awfully quiet and that was abandoned as I went inside the room. 

"How dare you accuse my son of such things?!"

A policeman was standing in front of a greying man that had fury seeping through his bones. 

"There's enough evidence to prove that your son is in fact guilty of these charges. It would help us a lot if you'd reveal his whereabouts at this moment."

"Bullshit!"

"Sir, I would like it if you'd refrain from using such language in my presence," The officer was trying his best to keep his professionalism. "I'm not quite sure what sort of environment you thrive in but I assure you mine does not include curses and ignorance."