28 | The Bait

Chapter track: Cherry Wine by Hozier.

[ LUCA'S POV ]

She was trying to ruin me.

It was clear now.

How could someone that looked so soft, vulnerable and innocent turn into such a vixen with just the snap of my fingers? 

No pun intended.

I swore to God that it would always be a mystery to me.

She re-invented the definition of an ideal type from a guy's perspective. She was a girl that could do it all. With hair that shone even when it was raining, a permanent blush to her cheeks and perfect eyelashes that framed her brown eyes that were so alluring it made me dizzy; she was also one that had it all.

Regret seeped into my pores as I recalled, far too vividly for my own sanity, the way that same well-kept hair of hers became disheveled. How I could have ran my fingers through her hair as she took me the way she wanted.

I should have taken her up on that offer before I left.

"No." I argued, shaking my head at the explicit thoughts that came rushing into my mind, like a disastrous but rejuvenating tsunami after a drought.

Damn. This was not good.

Not good at all.

I sighed before pulling onto my pants, the space within it becoming extremely minimized and suffocating as I walked to the apartment. I had dropped off Della and before I knew it I was all alone in the spacious place with attractive images of her filling my mind.

Matters were made worse when I visualized how she had been inside this same room. Right there, beside the kitchen counter, looking like a snack herself, the perfect place to just bend her ov-

No!

You are better than this Luca Meyers. 

Thinking with only one head will get you nowhere.

She was being a presence, something that weighed not so lightly on my mind.

I tried to distract myself with some television but that didn't work. It seemed like nothing could erase my borderline taboo thoughts.

A cold shower.

That would do the trick.

Just as I began to travel in the direction of the bathroom, the blaring of my phone sounded.

"It's Luca."

"Did you enjoy the show tonight?"

My eyes snapped up suddenly, focusing my blazing glare forward as the voice that was so unforgettable awaited my reaction.

"I don't know what you are referring to." I tried to play the fool. I was doing my best to try and distinguish whom it belonged to while recording the conversation simultaneously.

"Don't act like you don't know," He laughed darkly. "The horrified expression on your face tonight when you saw that video of your little slut told me otherwise."

He was there? At my parents' house?

How dare he!

That meant what Natasha said got closer to being the truth. Maybe she really was handed the drive while the sick bastard stood amongst the crowds watching it all unfold.

The fact that he intruded onto my property to harm what belonged to me made me beyond angry.

"You're gonna regret the day you ever messed with me, and it isn't that far in the future." Acid in my lungs and saccharine poison dripped from my words.