31 | Action

[ DELLA'S POV ]

My shoulders ached from the constant pull of the tight restraints. Soft breaths left my lips as I tried to keep myself calm.

'You're gonna be alright’ I repeated in my head, but right about now, I wasn't so sure.

I had hope that Patrick would do as he promised. Hopefully by then Luca would be informed of my disappearance as well. He would definitely do his best to find me. I just hoped it wouldn't be too late when he did.

The skin of my wrists was rubbed raw from the non-stop pulling and tugging. An unbearable throb crashed into my head. My mouth was left agape of the pain of it all.

"You can hit me all you want, I'm not doing what you tell me to." My eyes flickered up to meet the gaze of the demon before me. That was what he was; no human being was capable of the cruel things he did to me over the past two days. 

Something from behind hammered into my skull, my gaze blurring for a second.

"Take it easy on her would ya?" The no-name accomplice spoke from behind Damien.

"I'll do whatever the hell I want." He retorted angrily. 

The guy raised his hands in defence. "And I'm not against that but what I am against is murder. I'm not going to be an accomplice in this."

You already are, dimwit.

Damien voiced my thoughts. "If you haven't noticed you kind of already are. Now do your job and watch out to see if anyone's coming in your old ass warehouse or else I'm not paying."

The man's eyes hardened at those words. He looked down at my frazzled and beaten state before shaking his head. After whispering to himself that it was none of his business he walked away.

"Don't look so worried," He seethed, "I'm sure your Prince Charming will do a lot of talking once he gets here."

I begged to disagree. "Now that's where you're wrong. The last thing he'll be doing is talking when he gets here. Prepare your sorry ass for prison, in both ways, because you're gonna be fucked."

He went to slap me across the face but the door to the room flew open.

"I'd hate to interrupt your little bonding time but we have some company." The guy from before spoke as he held his gun close to his chest, ready for orders.

My eyes widened at the weapon.

That was in his possession all this time? Even the time when I kicked him in the face when he was tightening the knot of my feet?

I felt myself swallow nothing but the bitterness of fear.

"Are the police with him?"

He nodded.

Damien scoffed. "Of course they are. I seemed to have forgotten how much of a coward he was."

"If anything you're the coward," I piped up. "Before you fight it out whatever grievances you held against Luca you do sick stuff like this."

"Shut you little-"

"It's not the time!" The guy by the door shouted before he pointed the gun at me making my heart stop. 

"Take the girl out the room and out of here before they make it inside. I'm not being held accountable no matter how much you plan to pay me."

Damien rolled his eyes. "Stop pretending as if you haven't done crazy and more messed up shit than this. Get rid of that halo hanging over your head and help me out here...I'll make sure to triple the expenses."