21 | Touch

[ DELLA'S POV ]

I washed my face with warm water in a steady, pleasurable stream. It had me sighing in the confines of the bookstore's bathroom, body slowly unwinding. I'd come from Luca's apartment after visiting again for a little bit, having spent the hour following my less than impactful therapeutic session curled around his frame, being woken intermittently by the boy for some funtime. His hands knew how to work absolute wonders on my body, bringing me to a state of nirvana over and over again.

And by that I meant him giving me a pleasurable massage.

I recalled with embarrassment, cheeks flushed in the mirror, how I had rejoiced with each cry as his fingers dug themselves heavily into my sides. I had been to a spa before when I was around twelve but it was nothing like Luca's own private gift. His was a more relaxing and less painful massage than the amazing Bliss Spa, an all-senses experience which was probably the most indulgent massage I've ever had. They have designed in colours, scents, and even a soundtrack for their massages. Maybe it had something to do with the fact it was Luca that was doing it and not some stranger. His touch was more familiar...intimate even. Despite all of that...I was shy during the entire thing.

It didn't help that when I had returned to the bedroom after removing a few layers of my clothing he was in bed, still half naked, but propped up against the headboard this time. The sheets were pulled up just under his navel and I swallowed thickly as I averted my eyes away from his peeking stomach. Slowly, I pulled my eyes to look at his face, stomping my feet like a child as I spotted the item he had drawn for. He was looking at me through the lens of his camera. Brow cocked, a smirk on his lips, and an arm tucked behind his head to show off the muscles he had there, he was silently asking me to pose.

"Don't..." I whined.

He smiled at me, the expression nothing more than just short of threatening. "Smile," he began, his head tilting to the side.

That look, I thought.

That look told me he was more than ready for me to put up a fight.

"I don't want to." A sudden stand-off was called between the two of us, my feet carrying me over to Luca subconsciously. He laughed, a short, choked sounding thing, before he was leaning forward, his hand shooting out to grasp my chin between his thumb and forefinger.

"Be a good girl and smile for the camera, baby." His grip on my chin tightened as he waited for me to give in first, but I'd always been stubborn - more stubborn than usual - when it came to things like this.

As expected, he cracked first, his lips twitching into an amused smile as he shook his head before moving closer only to flip me underneath him. He pulled back just enough for him to look comfortably at my golden eyes that glowed with anticipation, saying, "Please let me take a picture of you. I've missed you being my muse and the way you know how to work that dangerous body of yours." I couldn't help but smile, heart speeding up at the hunger in his expression.

"Mhmm?" He prompted, nodding encouragingly at me.

Oh for the love of God!

"Fine!" I grunted throwing up my hands in the air.

He grinned triumphantly.

As soon as he got permission he started clicking away. I didn't know why I felt awkward then. He was so close that all that swirled around in my mind was the intoxicating smell of his aftershave.

"Relax," Luca cooed upon realization of my stiff posture.

His hand laid itself on my shoulder. My muscles tightened at the contact but relaxed instantly.