23 | Peek-A-Boo

Please take a second to tap the star & vote for my story! Xoxo

Chapter track: Sign of the Times by Harry Styles.

[ DELLA'S POV ]

The changing room was like any other. Filled with lockers for storing clothing and equipment; especially ones for use by sports players. There was non-stop chatter of the girls as they sprayed their perfumes onto themselves, causing an unpleasant mixture of perspiration and floral scents to linger in the air.

In talking about their plans for Winter Ball this girl named Claudia told Frankie, "I'll be fucking pissed if I don't get some." 

Frankie advised her, "That's why you find a guy who's always gonna do something. Not some chess player." 

Claudia countered, "But he's really good at giving," She looked down then back up. "You know what...plus his cousin has a big bag of marijuana...the sooner I get him wasted the sooner I get laid." She triumphantly bragged, "I will get laid any time, anywhere."

"Good for you bitch." Her friend punched her in the shoulders. 

For a second we made eye contact but I was quick to look away, afraid that my disgust at their locker room talk could be seen.

"Did you see the way she looked at us?" She less than whispered.

The other rolled her eyes. "She thinks she's so much better than us. We all know the truth though."

"Right?" Frankie cackled. "So much for that 'holier than thou' attitude when the whole school knows she's been sleeping with Luca again."

My hands froze and my bag's zipper was halfway done.

"Let's get out of here." I heard her say roughly and that was followed by a bump into my shoulder as she passed by.

I grabbed her by the wrist, putting her to a halt.

"Apologize."

"What?" She forced, trying her best to put up an innocent front.

"You bumped into me on purpose, apologize." I repeated, my voice lowering an octave.

Claudia slapped my hand away making me grit my teeth in annoyance.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" She snapped. Her voice was equivalent to the sound of nails being dragged along a chalkboard. It caused everyone to focus their attention onto us then. "Do you have any proof that she did it on purpose?"

"I'm at loss for words, seriously," I narrowed my eyes at her. "What more proof do I need than the existing space away from me?"

"Or does she have a lack of knowledge with where that body of hers can fit without making others uncomfortable?"

"Excuse me?" She squeaked.

All of the girls were waiting. They wanted to see me act rashly and do something like pull at her hair.

But I was better than that.

I was not going to entertain their love for drama.

"I really don't have the time to put up with this childish game of yours. So I'll be the one to let this go, therefore, you're excused."

I turned my back to them and zipped up my bag fully before strutting in the direction of the showers.

Dumb gossipers.

By the time I was done washing off the residue that the gym class caused to accumulate on my skin, all the girls had left.

My relief for the vacancy was short-lived which was because of the absence of my bag.