Epilogue | Finale

A/N: Alright guys, this is it, the well-awaited epilogue! It took me about two weeks to finish this with upcoming exams but you know, priorities. Anyway, I just want to thank everyone that came along with me, Della, Luca and the rest of the cast on this journey. It sure has been fun. I hope to re-evaluate myself and improve my writing skills. I hope to return as quickly as possible. So, miss me while I'm gone and anticipate good stories in the future. Thank you.

FOUR YEARS LATER

[ LUCA'S POV ]

My heart practically jumped in exhilaration as I spotted my apartment building. The tall structure was what I had considered home for the past few years and my heart had managed to be at ease with that idea.

I gradually came to a stop a few metres away from the building as I relieved my dry throat with a long gulp from my water bottle. My legs felt heavy as I dragged them in order to make it up the small flight of stairs and to the elevator. I bidded a prompt 'good morning' to the doorman and he returned it with a warm smile I got used to seeing everyday. However, that respectful display of affection could not soothe the ache from my early workout. 

With my running gear stuck to my body and sweat trickling down my already soaked face, I pressed the button on the elevator that brought me up to my floor.

This was how my life was since she left.

Routinal.

It was the same thing every day. 

First I would wake up at 4 a.m. via my alarm clock then review my files for the day during the first 30 minutes before I went for my daily exercise. I would wash up, change into the regular suit and tie before heading to the office for work. 

The Meyers Enterprise was only a year and a half away from being mine officially as I held a Vice President position. Father thought it was suitable to ensure that I had enough practice in an important role before taking over the crown. Though rightfully so, my records clearly show just how capable I was of handling the business without him. I didn't complain though and enjoyed my quiet days at museums and art galleries with the free time I had as the under-titled.

I thought about how many of the pieces I wanted to show her. How many of them had indirectly influenced me to purchase them because of a small feature of hers being in relation. 

A sigh left my parted lips. At least it wouldn't be long before that day. The day when we could finally say our hello's with big, bright smiles etched onto our faces.

I pinched at the hem of my shirt and my nose scrunched up at the odour. While I walked past my reflection in a mirror I refused to see how vile I must have looked.

My eyebrows shot up the very moment I turned into the living room and saw a professionally dressed Della sitting on my couch. Our couch. She was biting her rose-coloured nails, an awful habit of hers that she had developed, and her ever so alluring brown eyes looked up to me at the sound of approaching footsteps. A wavering smile made its way to her lip-gloss coated mouth as she gestured to herself, "Surprise?"

We've been apart for a year and five months now. She visited during the Christmas holiday, but not long enough to keep me satisfied. It was all because of her doctoral aspirations. She went abroad to study and then did volunteer work in Africa upon college graduation. 

As much as I hated the thought of us being separated for so long I had to think about her wants and not only mine. With that Della left but we promised to keep our relationship intact despite the long distance.