𝟎𝟏. 𝐀𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞

UNEDITED 01

UNEDITED
01. Alone

There was a moment when Hope thought she was safe. A moment when she thought she would be able to live a life happily with both of her parents. She was young then. A mere child who was naive and unrealistic.

Now, she knew her life would never be simple. Never be happy.

It started the moment she could hear the hollow. When her eyes sparked a glowing blue color and her mind was filled with the voices of a grave danger to her home of New Orleans.

She was used by the hollow to bring people back from the dead, a weapon to be reckoned with. And the hollow knew the most dangerous vampires wouldn't hurt her, because she was one of them. It was used to their advantage.
The hollow's followers were able to trample through New Orleans and do as they pleased in order to try and bring back the hollow physically.

That was almost eight years ago.

The hollow was removed from Hope, but at what cost? She was deprived of her father, her uncles, and her aunt. Her family was gone and she was forced to a school for the supernaturals.

Not only did the hollow ruin her life, but so did the Salvatore School.

That school introduced her to her first boyfriend, a vampire named Roman, a devilish and charming student who was secretly plotting against her. She didn't know it until it was too late. Roman and his family were killed and turned by her father, thus his mother wanted revenge.

Hope was told to be an abomination of nature. She was an abomination in their eyes, and after Hope was in the hands of her boyfriend's mother, she was hopeless to come out of it alive.

Somehow, some way, her uncle Elijah was under their control, and it was under their control that he murdered her mother. The woman he loved, the woman he craved.
He killed her, let her die in cold blood because he thought she was the enemy. Hope would never truly forgive her uncle, but deep down knew he wasn't truly at fault.

Her father came home for awhile, but due to the hollow inside him he had to leave.

Or rather, he thought he had to leave. Hope had magic almost unmatched to the hollow. Her blood gave her power, her love, and her will.

She destroyed the hollow. But her father still ended up dying. He killed himself because he thought it would keep her safe. Both her father and her uncle, gone from her life.
So again, she was sent to that same Salvatore School that ruined her life in more ways than one. If she never went to the school she wouldn't have met Roman.

She wouldn't have been lured into a trap and her mother wouldn't have died. Her father wouldn't have had to come back, and the hollow wouldn't have been compromised. Hope wouldn't have had to rip the hollow from her father, uncles, and aunt and taken it back into herself.