𝟑𝟗. 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐜

UNEDITED39

UNEDITED
39. Nothing Like Facing The Music

Hope was infuriated as she walked out of Snape's dungeon. She walked up the stairs back into the real world through a secret passageway. It led her down a hall by the stairs that would take her to her own Gryffindor common room.

The tribrid was still heated about the two wizards seeing such a personal memory of hers. She knew deep down that she couldn't blame Harry, but somewhere inside her was saying that it was all his fault. Her mind was strong after the encounter with the Hollow, and now it felt like everything she had built went down the drain when they invaded her mind.
Of course, on her walk down the secret passageway, she knew she needed to apologize to Harry later that evening. It wasn't his fault he had such a horrible teacher when it came to building a wall around his mind. For the past few weeks, all Snape had been doing was invading his mind and never teaching him how to keep it from being invaded.
How can he learn if no one teaches him? She should have been teaching him as his alpha, but recent events have made her steer clear from the most important people in her life a little too much. She couldn't even remember the last time she had seen Draco, Blaise, or Apollo.

Groaning, Hope opened the wooden door that took her out into the main hallway instead of continuing down to the Gryffindor common room. As she opened the door she heard crying and the familiar voices of the Weasley twins. "What's your name?" The boy continued to cry softly, "Michael."
"Your hand's gonna be fine, Michael." Hope turned the corner and saw the Weasley twins comforting a first-year who must have just had detention with Umbridge. He was cradling his hand in his chest with hot tears falling down his cheeks.

"Yeah, it's not as bad as it seems. See? It's fading already. You can hardly see ours anymore."
"And the pain stops after a while."

Hope walked toward them with angry eyes and tight fists. She couldn't help but want to tear Umbridge's throat out with her teeth at the moment. How could she use such a tortuous punishment on children?
As the boy cried some more, Hope stopped a few feet away from the three of them, urging herself to help the young boy heal. The problem with that would be that she would have to heal everyone if it got out that she helped one boy. And then they might start to wonder how she does it at all.

Just as the tribrid was about to walk up to them a throat was cleared from around the corner of the hallway. There, standing in the doorway with her feet turned out and her hands clasped together in front of her stomach, was Umbridge staring at them with that fake smile plastered across her lips.
"As I told you once before, Miss Mikaelson, naughty children deserve to be punished." Hope glared at her as she turned in the doorway and began to walk away, head tilted as if daring the tribrid to do something.

Hope knew that Umbridge didn't know who, or rather, what she truly was, and for that she was both grateful and upset.

Fred turned to his twin brother, both of them now standing directly behind Hope, "You know, George. I've always felt our futures lay outside the world of academic achievement."
The auburn-haired girl turned back to look at them as George smirked at his twin, "Fred. I've been thinking exactly the same thing." Then, they both looked at Hope with even wider smirks on their faces.