𝟐𝟔. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐘𝐨𝐮

UNEDITED26

UNEDITED
26. The Fear of Losing You

"So you mean to tell us, that you and Harry are part of some weird old prophecy no one has ever heard of? Yeah right!" Ron laughed in his seat on Hermione's bed so hard that his face turned a near shade to his hair. Hermione elbowed him in the stomach and bit her lip thinking over everything that Harry told them. After her own experience reading Hope's aunt Freya's grimoire she couldn't not think it could possibly be true. But the possibility that another Mikaelson stepped foot into this school before Hope? That was something she couldn't wrap her mind around.
Never had she read or heard anything about another person named Mikaelson in this school. Not in any books on the history of Hogwarts, or recording by the original founders. It just didn't make sense. Even the mere fact that Hope's grandfather wouldn't have talked about it? It didn't make sense inside her head. She couldn't begin to comprehend the very complicated family tree Hope had, but thinking about that fact, made it seem that much more possible.

"Wait! I have just the thing! You lot wait here while I go get the book!"

Hope, Harry, Hermione, and Ron all watched as Apollo raced out of the witch's shared room and to who knows where to get this book she spoke of. Ron eyed Hope and Harry up and down thinking it couldn't possibly be true. It didn't make any sense. The entire prophecy didn't make sense. Born to the wrong, twice removed? What the hell does that mean? Like a cousin that was twice removed or something? For now, she isn't true, the tribrid will rain down on him? What the bloody hell is a tribrid, Ron thought.

"Okay, question. This prophecy. You said it's about you and my best mate here, right? Then what the bloody hell is a tribrid?"

The two witches and wizard all looked at each other with somewhat guilt because the only one in the room who didn't know about Hope was Ron. He stared at them telepathically telling either Harry or Hermione to spill what they knew. He was also hurt he was the only one that didn't know whatever big secret this was. How could he be the only one that didn't know?

"Um- well you see Ron, you and I haven't been very close so I- didn't tell you. But it's me. I'm the tribrid."

Ron just looked at her with raised brows. "Okay, but mind telling me what the bloody hell a tribrid is in the first place?!"

Hermione groaned at the red-headed wizard with the shake of her head. She looked at him from her seat beside him and placed her hand on his shoulder in a calming manner. She had him look her in the eyes for a few moments before turning back to Hope and nodding that she could keep the wizard calm. Hope nodded back and awkwardly stood up from her seat on her own bed where Harry sat close beside her.

"A tribrid is the balance of a witch, werewolf, and vampire. A hybrid of sorts, but a tribrid because there's three different presences instead of two."