𝟑𝟕. 𝐀 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐌𝐞

UNEDITED37

UNEDITED
37. A Monster You Make Of Me

"I wanted to talk to you. About Draco." Hope stared at the Slytherin stood before her with his hands in his pockets and tense shoulders. The tribrid raised a brow, hip popping out as she rolled her eyes. Clearly, she didn't want to talk about Draco, but at the same time, she wanted to know what it was that Blaise Zabini had to say about the situation.

"Well? What is there to say? We broke up. The. End."

Blaise sighed, feet shifting from side to side. His amber brown eyes found Hope's ocean blue orbs with pain and anxiousness swimming around in them, almost as if fighting his outside cold demeanor. "Please, just hear me out, okay?" Hope scoffed, thinking he was going to give her some crazy reason as to why Draco would ever do what he did. Or try to tell her that somehow, it was all her fault. "He told me everything, Hope."

Hope's eyes snapped to his with a defensive look, body tensing completely with caution. Blaise raised his hands in the air as an act of surrender, making Hope's tense shoulders lessen slightly. "What exactly did he tell you?" Blaise smacked his lips, lightly wetting them with the tip of his tongue, afraid to say anything. "What did he say, Blaise? You can't say something like that and then not say anything else!"

"I know everything, Hope! What you are. Who you are. I did some research on you, Hope Mikaelson. I know just how powerful you can be, how powerful you and your entire family are."

Hope's immediate reaction was to curse him to hell and walk away. Maybe hex him until he couldn't move anymore and then take him to the bayou to let the wolves have him. But something in her gut told her he was leading to something else she had yet to understand. So instead of reacting, she simply crossed her arms over her chest and narrowed her eyes.
"Draco told me everything that happened. I know what he did, what he said to you, that it hurt you, but you have to know that he loves you, Hope."

"Oh, he loves me?! Where was that love when he called me a freak? When he told me all those hurtful things and then left me on the ground with my broken heart? I have been so strong! After everything that happened to me, and the fact that he knew about it! That's what hurts more, Blaise. The fact that he knows just how much I couldn't take another heartache. And then he... And then he gave me the biggest one I've ever felt in my life..."

Blaise's eyes shut tightly like he was the one in pain. His jaw tightened and his hands turned into fists at his sides. He had to tell her. He had to let her know that Draco loves her, that he did everything for her.

"Blue. Hope. Listen to me. What I'm about to say cannot leave this garden. I have a silencing spell around us already so it's just you and me. Okay? Can you listen to me?" Hope nodded through her pain as she's done all her life, waiting for him to continue. "When you explained everything to Draco he knew you were powerful. He knew that you could be used, be taken advantage of if this... person got the chance." The tribrid tilted her head in confusion, which was quickly taken over by frustration.
"What do you mean? What person? Taken advantage of by who?" Blaise bit his lip, eyes shifting from side to side. He looked like he was doing something he wasn't supposed to, like a child who was about to get caught taking cookies from the cookie jar.  He breathed in slowly until there was nothing else his chest could take in, and then he let it all out. He let out a breath, and the words that were trapped between his lips spilled out.