𝟎𝟑. 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

UNEDITED 03

UNEDITED
03. First Friend

Hope realized halfway to the airport that she was a witch. A powerful witch who had learned to teleport at the age of twelve. It wasn't something most witches could do or learn easily, but it came just as easily as saying her name.

She closed her eyes and imagined London.

The brittle air, people swarming the streets, and the busy stores where many tourists visited nonstop. She hasn't only seen London on her TV, so it wasn't much that she could imagine in her mind.

Hope closed her eyes and grasped her trunk in her hand, taking a deep breath and teleporting. When she opened her eyes she was indeed in London.

She could tell by the large sign on the side of a bus that read I heart London. The tribrid smiled to herself before looking around at her surroundings. She didn't know where she would find this platform 9 3/4, so she turned to the next person she saw walking past her.

"Uhm- Excuse me!"

The tall teen looked down at the girl momentarily, his russet, reddish-brown skin glistening beneath the sun. Hope couldn't help but notice his stormy that could pierce through the air like a knife.

"I'm sorry, I um- Could you point me in the direction of platform 9 3/4?"

The boy nearly gasped as he took the girl's features in. From her lightly tanned skin to her deep ocean blue eyes. He noticed how her auburn hair flowed in the crisp wind past her shoulders.
The way she carried herself made him weary for some reason, like would blast him away at any given moment.

"Uhm, hello?"

He nearly fell over when he resurfaced from his mind. She knew about the platform meant for witches and wizards, which also meant she was a witch herself. But something also felt off about her.

"Oh- Oh! Sorry. Yeah um- I'm actually on my way there too..."

Hope laughed almost carelessly, like the weight on her shoulders had been lifted. But it wasn't. She only acted as if she were different. Laughing like she didn't believe her life would change so drastically in the matter of minutes it took to get to the platform. Or the fact that she was going somewhere she'd been to before.

"Great! I'll just follow you then..?"

The boy nodded almost too quickly for himself, "Sure! Yeah!"

The tribrid nodded while motioning for the boy to walk, and only when he realized that did his cheeks turn a deep pink.

"R- Right! Sorry."