𝟏𝟕. 𝐀 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭

Unedited 17

Unedited
17. A Kiss to Last

Harry, Hermione, and Ron all sat in the middle of the Gryffindor table talking lowly amongst themselves. The other Gryffindors were all talking while glancing at Harry with curiosity. It had been a month and a half since school had started and no more news about him had come out. It was something Harry was grateful for, but it didn't take any of the other student's fears away.

Harry sat between Hermione and Ron with his eyes cast down at the plate in front of him that filled with his favorite foods. Ginny, Ron's younger sister sat on the other side of the table with her eyes trained on Harry. She had a crush on him, but she know that he had questionable ties with Cho Chang and Hope Mikaelson.

"Pardon me, professor, but what exactly are you insinuating?"

The golden trio knew how Professor Umbridge was still using cruel punishment on the students of Hogwarts. It was no secret that she didn't like the students and that she continued to use her form of punishment on them. Harry turned in his seat toward the professor's voice, where she stood beside Professor Mcgonagall. Mcgonagall looked down at Umbridge with hatred in her eyes for hurting her students in ways she shouldn't.

"I'm insinuating that when it comes to my students, you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices."

By the time the two professors were halfway up the stairs students had gathered near the bottom of the stairs looking up at the two arguing loudly. Umbridge squealed, "So silly of me, but it sounds as if you're questioning my authority in my own classroom. Minerva-"

"Not at all, Delores. Merely your medieval methods."

"I... am sorry, dear. But to question my practices is to question the Ministry and by extension, the Minister himself. I am tolerant woman but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty."

Harry could see Professor Mcgonagall's face visibly drain of color as she took a step down, now at eye level with the shorter woman dressed in her regular all pink outfit. "Disloyalty."

Umbridge took a step up on the staircase, taking her attention from the other professor for the students all gawking up at the two. She held herself with overconfidence and acted as if she were the one thing keeping the entire school together. "Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared. Cornelius will want to take immediate action."

In a blur of words that made no sense and the constant high pitched voice of Umbridge, the students follow the new professor from the Ministry out in the hallway were one of the stay members was hammering away at the stone wall. Harry, Hermione, and Ron all stared at the stone wall being hammered into with fear in their eyes. It seemed Umbridge was beginning to truly take over Hogwarts a month into the school year.