𝟐𝟐. 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈𝐭 𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞

Unedited 22

Unedited
22. It Isn't What It Looks Like

The next morning Hope woke up in bed beside Draco with the dim light from the projector in the middle of the room straining her eyes. The tribrid was currently snuggled into the wizard's side, her head on his chest and his arm wrapped tightly around her waist.

Hope smiled softly as she sat up on her elbow to look at the peaceful face of her sleeping boyfriend. When he slept he didn't have that usual frown on his face, that look of annoyance that he felt so often. Hope used her pointer finger to trace along his face starting from his forehead and down his nose.

His soft skin felt nice under her finger as she traced down, and when she got to his lips she gently traced down and slipped her finger down his chin, dragging it across his jaw.

Draco softly huffed as he woke from a dreamless sleep, icy blue eyes opening to meet those of his girlfriend's. Draco smiled broadly as his hand reached up and cupped the tribrid's cheek. He wished he could wake up to this everyday with the way it felt. He never knew how amazing it could feel to wake up beside the person he loved the most. Hope felt the same as she leaned down and gave him a short peck on the lips. Both of them smiled against the other's lips soundlessly.

"Well, good morning to you too."

Hope nodded her head, "A good morning indeed. What time is it anyways?"

The wizard shrugged at her question, not thinking about the time because it might mean they would have to leave. It was the middle of the week, and with how refreshed they both were after their night spent together, Hope guessed they had both missed their morning classes. If it was close to lunchtime was the main question in her mind but looking at the platinum blond haired wizard in the bed next to her, she seemed to forget about any problems that might cause her trouble.

Hope bit her lip but decided to fall back into the bed and reach out for Draco's hand, bringing it up to her lips to kiss the back of it. Her eyes flickered over to his face, which was relaxed. His lips held a placid smile, while his eyes droopily stared up at the ceiling above them. The tribrid was happy for the first time in a long time. She felt like she had no obligations to anything or anyone other than herself.
She didn't have to train to one day become the alpha of the crescent wolves like her mother had, or train to become the strongest of the strongest. There was no one asking her constant questions about her parents, yet it still sometimes felt like there was this weight on her shoulders.

The moment she saw Harry, she knew there was something there. That they had a connection unlike any other she would ever have. She had no idea why, but she could almost feel his emotions at times. It was like she could see right through him and vice versa. But why was that?