𝟑𝟓. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐌𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐌𝐲 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞

UNEDITED35

UNEDITED
35. The Happiest Moment of My Life

While Apollo sat in Hope's bedroom with her head in his lap, Harry, Ron, and Hermione were off to Hagrid's. The golden trio sat and talked with Hagrid, all the while Harry's mind was still reeling about Hope. He could feel every emotion she could, practically see her sulking on her bed with Apollo's fingers combing through her auburn waves.
Harry was so lost in his mind he barely heard the entire conversation going on right in front of him, besides Ron jumping and screeching about giants. Any of them could tell that he was distant, that he wasn't currently there, but they couldn't understand it.

Neither could he, most of the time.

There was an itch beneath his skin that felt like millions of tiny needles stabbing him over and over again. He wanted to get up and run back to Hope, no, it was more of a need than anything. Without a second thought, his eyes looked up at the window where Hagrid was already looking out of. He shuddered as a gust of wind blew in through the small hole in the broken glass. "It's changing out there. Just like last time. There's a storm coming, Harry. We'd best be ready when she does."

Back in the castle, a shiver followed the spine of Hope Mikaelson, down to her hip where it turned and wrapped itself around her gut like a rope. She clenched her hand and sat up quickly, looking out the window of her and Hermione's shared room. Apollo stopped his petting of her hair immediately, looking around the room as if something or someone would pop out and try to curse them. Hope stood from her bed, walked over to the window, and let out a breath.
Her eyes closed tightly, the feeling of fear choking her as it had done once before. So long ago that she had almost forgotten about the way it felt to be wrapped in pure terror. Her clenched hand reached up to feel the family crest laying on her chest. The crest of her family, her loved ones, those still on the earth, and those somewhere beyond the stars. Apollo got up to follow her, confusion written across his face, "What is it, Hope? Is there something wrong?"

The tribrid turned her face toward him, hand still wrapped around her family crest, body slightly shaking- as if anticipating something else to happen, like preparing for another dreadful night of not knowing if she would ever see those she loved again. "Something's coming, Apollo. Something awful. Something so terrible I'm not sure all of us are going to survive."

Apollo laid a hand on her shoulder, blinking in surprise, "Hope-" The tribrid shook her head, "No. Don't. I can feel it. It's coming. Whatever it is." Hope looked back out the window, somehow with more pain on her features than Apollo had ever seen, "It's coming."

The following morning, Hope Mikaelson woke up to her bed crowded with three bodies that weren't hers. Hands were wrapped around her body, and someone was laying across her feet. With utter confusion, she sat up, looking over to see that it was Hermione's body across her feet, and Harry's arms wrapped around her torso. She gently pulled his arms away from her and tilted her head to the side where Apollo slept curled into a ball.
She smiled at all of them, even at Ron who was sleeping on the opposite bed of hers since there seemed to be no more room on her own. Muttering a quick spell she was suddenly standing on the plush carpet of her bedroom, looking around and noting that all of her closest people were around her. Hermione was the first to wake, now that the feet keeping her stomach warm were gone. Her eyes found Hope's with a friendly smile, hair falling around her shoulders more frizzy than usual.