𝟐𝟎. 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

Unedited20

Unedited
20. First Meeting

Harry explained his entire life story. The parts Hope hadn't seen the first time they touched. She truly felt then that they did have a connection. There was no one else that had some sort of life comparable to hers so far. Her hand was wrapping itself around his wrist before she even knew what she was doing. And then she was scooting closer to him on the couch with a disheartened look in her eyes.

She smiled warmly at the wizard, her smile suddenly making the gloomy atmosphere around them become brighter. Hermione sat on the arm of the couch beside Ron with her arm resting on his shoulder. The tribrid smiled over at them as well before looking back at Harry with a newfound fire in her eyes. "So, from what you're telling me. He really is out there, isn't he?"

Harry nodded as Hermione stood up from her spot on the couch, looking out the window next to the fireplace. Her hands were balled into fists, eyes hardened as she looked out at the darkening sky. "We've got to be able to defend ourselves. And if Umbridge refuses to teach us how we need someone who will."
Both wizards were now standing looking at the back of the witch's head. The curly haired witch turned sharply toward the wizard of the century, the golden boy who was strong enough for the job. "It has to be you." Harry stared into her honey brown eyes as a frown made its way onto his face.

"Me? I couldn't possibly-"

"And Hope." The tribrid now looked straight into the eyes of her friend, brow raised high into her forehead. She switched from her sitting position to a standing one and walked toward Harry and Ron as they all looked at her quizzically. Hermione groaned, placing her hands on her hips dramatically, "Guys! Harry is a strong wizard, and you, Hope Mikaelson. You've used spells I've never even heard of. You're a very powerful witch. So he not have the both of you teach others?"

Hope and Harry made eye contact, giving each other a look as if saying there was no other way around this. Hermione's mind was set and they would most likely have to follow through with it like their lives depended on it. Both the tribrid and wizard shook their heads, but come morning they knew they would be being dragged out to execute this new plan of hers.

Morning came. Bright and cold and almost depressingly. It was the weekend now, and none of the group was ready to wake with the sunrise except Hermione. Hope blinked the grogginess from her eyes before rubbing them gently as she sat up in her bed. She still had the curtains of her bed closed, encasing her in the darkness she felt like she was always in. Her wolf pranced around inside her mind, wondering when the next time she would be able to get. Hope noted how these past few weeks she hadn't let her wolf roam freely once, and decided then and there that she would go to her special room later that night.
Almost as if sensing Hope was awake, Hermione skipped to her roommate's bed ad flung open the curtains around the right side of the bed. Curly hair made its way into Hope's sight before the energetic face of her friend. The witch smiled widely at her, "Good morning Hope! It's time to get up. We've got places to be today!" The tribrid groaned, flopping back into her bed stifling a laugh from Hermione. She witch simply shook her head and grabbed Hope's arms, pulling her out of the comfort of her bed.