𝟒𝟎. 𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐓𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

UNEDITEDChapter 40

UNEDITED
Chapter 40. We're All In This Together

The scream of a man Hope hadn't yet met rung throughout her head as it did for Harry. The tribrid, Hermione, and Ron followed Harry as he raced up the castle stairs. "Harry, are you sure?"
"I saw it! It's just like with Mr. Weasley. It's the door I've been dreaming about for months. Only, I couldn't remember where I'd seen it before." The four of them rounded corner after corner with Hope at the very end wondering how she hadn't seen any of these dreams before.
She assumed it was because their minds weren't as synced up before, but it could also be because she hadn't honestly had her mind open to him before.

"Sirius said Voldemort was after something. Something he didn't have the last time and it's in the Department of Mysteries."

Hermione sped up slightly with Ron beside her, "Harry, please, just listen!" The Gryffindor stopped, breathless, staring down at her from a few steps ahead of her. "What if Voldemort meant for you to see this? What if he's only hurting Sirius because he's trying to get to you?"
Harry stared down at his friend, eyes filled with underlying rage. "What if he is? I'm supposed to just let him die? Hermione, he's the only family I've got left."
Hope scoffed, "Well, that one hurt." Harry's eyes flashed to the back of the group where he saw Hope standing there with hard eyes trained on him. Green eyes met blue in a staredown until Harry blinked and looked away. "You know what I mean, Hope. It's different between us." The tribrid crossed her arms over her chest and glared down at the ground.

Hermione and Ron stared between the two, and when they felt it was all said and done, Ron turned back to Harry, "What do we do?" Harry immediately went into overdrive again and turned just as the stairs stopped at a corner. He turned and began pulling himself forward using the railing. "We'll have to use the Floo Network!"
The other two ran after Harry with no doubt in their mind that he knew what he was doing, but Hope knew better and only shook her head as she watched them all go. She wondered if she should even go after them, but knew that this was also her fight.

She couldn't just let this go down without her, especially knowing what kind of future she was trying to change.

"But Umbridge has the chimneys under surveillance." Just as Hope was coming into range of the Golden Trio she heard Harry tell them he knew of one chimney that was still able to be used. Hope had a feeling she knew exactly where he was headed.

⚜️

It turns out that Hope knew exactly where Harry was going. The moment they stepped foot back into the castle she recognized the path the two had taken to multiple detentions with the pink bat herself. Hope shook her head at how impulsive Harry was being but knew there was no stopping him even if she tried.

As they all stopped in front of the evil witch's lair Hermione turned to Harry with a quirked brow. Ron only stood looking around the hall to make sure no one was around. The tribrid shook her head once again and stepped between Harry and Hermione raising her hand quietly.
"Alohomora." The once locked door glowed at the keyhole before opening from the slight push from Hope's magic. Harry stepped in first going past everything in the office he did not need to look at again.